F5 Networks Configuring BIG-IP LTM v12: Local Traffic Manager (F5-LTMv12)
About this course:
The course covers installation, configuration, and management of BIG-IP LTM systems. This hands-on course includes lectures, labs, and discussions. Pre-requisite(s): Administering BIG-IP, OSI model, TCP/IP addressing and routing, WAN, LAN environments, and server redundancy concepts; or having achieved TMOS Administration Certification
The average salary for Network Administrator is $65,928 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- BIG-IP initial setup (licensing, provisioning, and network configuration)
- A review of BIG-IP local traffic configuration objects
- Using dynamic load balancing methods
- Modifying traffic behavior with persistence (including SSL, SIP, universal, and destination address affinity persistence)
- Monitoring application health with Layer 3, Layer 4, and Layer 7 monitors (including transparent, scripted, and external monitors)
- Processing traffic with virtual servers (including network, forwarding, and reject virtual servers)
- Processing traffic with SNATs (including SNAT pools and SNATs as listeners)
- Configuring high availability (including active/standby and N+1 sync failover device groups, connection and persistence mirroring, and sync-only device groups)
- Modifying traffic behavior with profiles (including advanced HTTP profile options, caching, compression, and OneConnect profiles)
- Advanced BIG-IP LTM configuration options (including VLAN tagging and trunking, SNMP features, and packet filters)
- Deploying application services with iApps
- Customizing application delivery with iRules and local traffic policies
This course is intended for:
- System and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP LTM system.
- Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1 : Seting up the BIG-IP System
Introducing the BIG-IP System
Lesson 2 : Reviewing Local Traffic Configuration
Reviewing Nodes, Pools, and Virtual Servers
Lesson 3 : Load Balancing Traffic with LTM
Exploring Dynamic Load Balancing Options
Lesson 4 : Modifying Traffic Behavior with Persistance
Lesson 5 : Monitoring Application Health
Differentiating Monitor Types
Lesson 6 : Processing Traffic with Virtual Servers
Virtual Servers Concepts
Lesson 7 : Processing Traffic with SNATs
Overview of SNATs
Lesson 8 : Configuring High Availability
Sync-Failover Group Concepts
Lesson 9 : Configuring High Availability Part 2
Failover Triggers and Detection
Lesson 10 : Modifying Traffic with Profiles
Lesson 11 : Selected Topics
VLAN, VLAN Tagging, and Trunking
Lesson 12 : Deploying Application Services with iApps
Simplifying Application Deployment with iApps
Lesson 13 : Customizing Application Delivery with iRules and Local Traffic Policies
Getting Started with iRules
Lesson 14 : Final Lab Project
Lab Project Options
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt