Final Cut Pro 6 Basics
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
2 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $29.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $29.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
This tutorial outlines the basics of this powerful precision-editing program.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Getting around in Final Cut Pro 6
- Using the toolbar and audio meter
- Using the Arrange menu
- Resizing the windows
- Customizing the timeline
- Adding buttons to the Button bar
- Creating custom keystrokes
- Creating a new project
- Filtering Video settings
- Designating scratch disks
- Using Capture Now
- Using log and capture
- Importing files
- Creating a new bin
- Previewing footage in the viewer
- Using the JKL keyboard shortcut
- Setting in & out points
- Adding a clip to the timeline
- Using Insert and Overwrite edits
- Turning off snapping
- Turning off linkage
- Using the Roll and Ripple tools
- Using the Slip and Slide tools
- Inserting a transition
- Editing a transition
- Backing up FCP projects
- Using QuickTime movie
- Using QuickTime conversion
- Using Compressor
- Using the color correction window arrangement
- Understand the Vectorscope
- Understand the Waveform Monitor
- Using the Color Corrector 3-way filter
- Using the Broadcast Safe filter
- Inverting the Color Corrector 3-way filter
- Using the Frame Viewer in the Tool Bench
- Changing behavior of clips in the viewer
- Using key frames to composite effects
- Changing the speed of a clip
- Using the Normalize Audio command
- Using the Vocal DePopper and DeEsser Filters
- Using the SmoothCam filter
- Using the Time Remap tool
- Using motion templates within Final Cut Pro
- Using the Timeline Layout Pop-Up menu
- Round-Trip editing to other applications
- Making a multi clip
- Real-time editing of multi clips
- Changing multi clip angles in the timelines
- Getting around in Motion
- Customizing Motion
- Adding elements from the library to the composition
- Using the Inspector
- Using the HUD (Head Up Display)
- Using the timeline and mini timeline
- Understanding what Motion needs to run well
- Changing settings in the canvas for performance
- Setting the play range
- Baking groups
- Creating a new project
- Creating a new text layer
- Adding live fonts
- Changing text styles
- Adding text behaviors
- Changing behavior parameters
- Changing a composition from 2D to 3D
- Adding a camera
- Adding a camera behavior
- Working with cameras in the canvas
- Adding a generator to a composition
- Adding filters to an object
- Adding a replicator
- Changing replicator parameters
- Using the Live Record feature
- Green Screen Keying
- Using the Primatte RT filter
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Hours|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's