Which type(s) of Ethernet address frames are flooded out all switch interfaces except the source interface? (Select 2 answers)
Which of the following configuration issues will keep a SPAN session from becoming active?
Which of the following denotes the correct usage of pins on the RJ-45 connectors at the opposite ends of an Ethernet crossover cable? (Select 2 answers)
What is the name of the IOS-XE switching feature that provides the capability to join together two switches into a single virtual switch to simplify management and create flexible redundancy?
What is the name of the Ethernet switch feature that allows the cable used between a device and the switch to be either straight-through or crossover?
Which of the following is true regarding Private VLANs?
- B. Private VLANs enable a switch to separate ports as if they were on different VLANs, simplify configuration, but consume several IP subnets.
- C. A Private VLAN is a mechanism that partitions a given VLAN into an arbitrary number of nonoverlapping sub-VLANs called secondary VLANs.
Which of the following is true regarding Private VLANs and trunk operation? (Select 3 answers)
- A. A frame received on a community or isolated port will be tagged with the ID of the corresponding secondary VLAN when forwarded out a trunk. A frame received on a trunk tagged with a community or isolated VLAN ID will be forwarded as if it were received on a local community or isolated port in the corresponding secondary VLAN.
- B. A frame received on a trunk tagged with a community or isolated VLAN ID will be forwarded as if it were received on a local community or isolated port in the corresponding secondary VLAN.
- C. A frame received on a promiscuous port will be tagged with the ID of the corresponding secondary VLAN when forwarded out a trunk.
Refer to the exhibit. Switch Sw5 begins with a default configuration. It is not connected to other switches. Next, the configuration shown in the exhibit is pasted into Sw5’s configuration. Then four switches are connected to ports fa0/1-4, with Sw1 connecting to Sw5’s fa0/1, Sw2 connecting to Sw5’s fa0/2, and so on. Which of the following must be true for the specified link to work and to use trunking?(Select 3 answers)
- C. Sw3’s corresponding port needs to be configured with a switchport mode trunk command or a switchport mode dynamic desirable command.
What is called a conflict in VTPv3?
- A. It is the state of two or more server or client switches in a VTPv3 domain that have different revision numbers or passwords.
- B. It is the state of two or more secondary servers in a VTPv3 domain that have different revision numbers.
- C. It is the state of two or more server or client switches in a VTPv3 domain that do not agree on the current identity of a primary server.
Refer to the diagram. If SW3’s root port (RP) is Port-channel1, and both links in the EtherChannel fail, how much time will elapse before SW3 chooses a new RP?
Assume that a nonroot Switch1 (SW1) is Discarding on an 802.1Q trunk connected to Switch2 (SW2). Both switches are in the same MST region. SW1 ceases to receive Hellos from SW2. What timers have an impact on how long Switch1 takes to both become the Designated Port on that link and reach the Forwarding state? (Select 2 answers)
What are some uses of BPDU Guard, BPDU Filter, and Root Guard features?
- B. Root Guard can be used to block any received superior BPDUs, preventing the port from becoming a Root Port and possibly some other switch taking over the current root switch.
- C. When BPDU Filter is configured directly on a port, BPDU Guard can also be used to put the interface into the err-disable state upon arrival of a BPDU.
Refer to the exhibit. Given the fact that Switch 1 is currently the root switch, what will the outcome of the following command sequence be: spanning-tree vlan 1 root primary issued on Switch 2, and spanning-tree vlan 1 root secondary on Switch 1?(Select 2 answers)
What is the B class of private addresses that are defined in RFC 1918?
What mechanisms are used in IPv6 stateful autoconfiguration?( Select 3 answers)
Refer to the diagram. The host on the left wants to use the address in parentheses to send traffic to the public Internet as presented on the right of the router. What command, when used on the router, would perform this translation?
The ICMPv6 specification requires that error messages must be rate limited based on timers or bandwidth in every ICMPv6 implementation.
Which Cisco IOS feature does HSRP, GLBP, and VRRP use to determine when an interface fails for active switching purposes?
- A. When a physical interface goes down, the redundancy protocol uses this automatically as a basis for switching.
What is the name of the IP address assignment technology that encapsulates its messages inside an IP/UDP header, can be configured across subnets, and can include other information, such as subnet masks, default gateways, or DNS servers, among other things, but like RARP, it still requires the server to be configured with MAC/IP address pairings?
When implementing HSRP, what default Hello timer interval is used??
Refer to the exhibit. What is the possible reason for the current state of the VLAN1 SVI?
Which statements about modifications of IPv4 and IPv6 headers during ordinary packet routing are true?(Select 2 answers)
You are the network administrator at XYZ Corporation, which has recently merged with ABC Corporation. During the merger it was determined that the companies will use XYZ Corporation's billing systems, which currently use IP Multicast traffic to work. However, ABC Corporation's network does not currently support IP Multicast traffic. What technology can be implemented to quickly allow ABC Corporation to access XYZ Corporation's billing systems?
Which of the following combinations correctly identifies the load-balancing method available in each switching path?
- A. Process switching: per packet. Fast switching: per destination IP address. CEF: per hash of the packet source and destination, or per packet
- B. Process switching: per destination IP address. Fast switching: per packet. CEF: per hash of the packet source and destination, or per packet
- C. Process switching: per destination IP address. Fast switching: per hash of the packet source and destination, or per packet. CEF: per packet
What about the RIPv2 network statement is true?
- A. It supports the use of a wildcard mask for classless configuration so individual interfaces can be selected for participation on dynamic routing
- B. It allows only for classful configuration, thus all directly connected networks falling under the entered major network are automatically participating in dynamic routing
- C. The network 10.0.0.0 command will result in automatic creation of a discard route in the routing table
Which of the following is a correct explanation of the RIPv2 counting to infinity function?
- A. Instead of advertising all routes out a particular interface, RIPv2 advertises only a limited number of prefixes, which is limited by the so-called infinity variable.
- B. If the next-hop to a particular destination network advertises that network with a suddenly increased metric, accept the advertisement immediately and update your own metric accordingly. If the updated metric reaches infinity, stop using that next-hop.
- C. RIPv2 counts the number of interface flaps and, when the limit is reached, a network is advertised as unreachable to dampen the routing table flaps.
R1 is in a network that uses RIPv2 exclusively, and RIP has learned dozens of subnets through several neighbors. From privileged EXEC mode, the network engineer types in the command clear ip route. What happens(Select 2 answers)?
- B. R1 will relearn its routes immediately by sending RIP requests out all its RIP-enabled nonpassive interfaces.
Which statement correctly describes RIPng operation or its behavior?(Select 2 answers)
What is the Computed Distance for a destination?
- A. The lowest known distance of a particular neighbor to the destination since the last time the destination transitioned from Passive to Active state
- C. The lowest known distance to the destination since the last time the destination transitioned from Passive to Active state
Courses Offered In This Certification