Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 - MOC On Demand (MS-20740)
About Individual Course:
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1180 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
This course prepares you for the 70-740 Exam leading to 70-740 Certification. This course does not include the Official Exam Voucher, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.
About this course:
This course is Microsoft Official On-Demand course accessible for 90 days from the date of course request, if you have annual subscription, or course purchase individually. Course access will expire after 90 days of course enrollment.
Interested in gaining the skills needed to use Windows Server technology? Want to power the next generation of optimized networks, applications, and web services? This course is for you! An introduction to Windows Server, this course provides the extensive knowledge required to install and administer the Windows Server 2016 server operating system.
Through this course, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments, you will put in place the appropriate installation and migration strategy, as well as set up the logical and physical components for your Windows Server environment.
This course is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing storage and compute by using Windows Server 2016, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016.
This course also prepares the students for the Microsoft 70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 certification exam.
The average salary for a Microsoft Windows Server Administrator is $82,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare and install Nano Server, a Server Core installation, and plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Describe the various storage options, including partition table formats, basic and dynamic disks, file systems, virtual hard disks, and drive hardware, and explain how to manage disks and volumes.
- Describe enterprise storage solutions, and select the appropriate solution for a given situation.
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Deploy, configure, and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
- Describe the high availability and disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server 2016.
- Plan, create, and manage a failover cluster.
- Implement failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Configure a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and plan for an NLB implementation.
- Create and manage deployment images.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations.
This course is intended for:
IT professionals who have some experiencing working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a single five-day course that covers storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to storage and compute for Windows Server 2016.
Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies, and who want to learn more about the storage and compute features in Windows Server 2016.
- IT professionals with general IT knowledge, who are looking to gain knowledge about Windows Server, especially around storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience, such as experience as a Windows Server systems administrator.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|