Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 - MOC On Demand (MS-23410)
About Individual Course:
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1186 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
This course is Microsoft Official On-Demand course accessible for 90 days from the date of course request, if you have annual subscription, or course purchase individually. Course access will expire after 90 days of course enrollment.
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
The average salary of Microsoft Server Administrator is $69,077 per year.
Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
Describe AD DS.
Manage Active Directory objects.
Automate Active Directory administration.
Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
Implement local storage.
Implement file and print services.
Implement Group Policy.
Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a prerequisite for their individual specialties.
This course requires that student meet the following prerequisites, including that they have:
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|