Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
7 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This course is geared towards IT professionals currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners or analysts. This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- 1.1 Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
- 1.2 Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
- 1.3 Name early examples of cloud computing.
- 1.4 Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- 1.5 Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.6 Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.7 Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
- 2.1 Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- 2.2 Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- 2.3 Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
- 3.1 Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- 3.2 Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
- 3.3 Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- 3.4 Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
- 4.1 Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- 4.2 Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- 4.3 Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant for realizing cloud benefits.
- 4.4 Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
- 5.1 Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- 5.2 Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
- 6.1 Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organizationÃ¢Â€Â™s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- 6.2 Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- 6.3 Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility.
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||7 Hours|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's