EXIN Cloud Computing
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
8 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $199.00 Regular Price $399.00
Now Only $199.00 Regular Price $399.00/ Seat
Exin's Cloud Computing Foundation is not only a technical cloud course, but also focuses on the business and management side of cloud computing. This course examines the auditing and service response within cloud computing, as well the delegation of IT responsibilities within an environment focused on cloud technology. This course covers cloud technology within a variety of different areas, including: Hardware, Software, Processes, OS and Application Licenses, People, Power and Backups.
Cloud Computing signifies a major shift in the roles and responsibilities of IT. The provision and procurement of internet-based IT services offers many prospects in terms of scalability, cost reduction and higher efficiency.
This program provides IT professionals with the knowledge required to successfully implement cloud computing. Within a short period of time, you will become familiar with the opportunities and risks it involves and you will be able to formulate a business case and evaluate cloud services.
The EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation training provides you with the basics of cloud computing. EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation emphasizes the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages, and general management aspects of cloud computing.
In the official certification exam, candidates are tested on five categories which are covered in this preparatory training course. These five categories are:
- The Principles of Cloud Computing: This chapter deals with definitions, types of clouds (Public, Private and Hybrid) and cloud services (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
- Using the Cloud: This section is about accessing the cloud and mobility in the cloud
- Security and Compliance: This chapter is about the risks of cloud computing and the measures you can take to prevent these risks.
- Implementing and Managing Cloud Computing: In this section, you will learn about local cloud networks and how to support the use of cloud computing.
- Evaluation of Cloud Computing: Examples of the subjects covered here are cost aspects, (dis)advantages, and SLA's.
EXIN Cloud Computing Foundation is for everyone playing a role or having an interest in the use and management of internet-based services. Specific roles that would benefit include cross-functional management positions (Commercial, IT, Procurement, Finance, etc.), IT Professionals (Administrators, Service Managers) and staff of service providers.
There are no prerequisites to take this training course or take the official exam.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Module 1: The Principles of Cloud Computing
- 1.1 The concept of Cloud Computing
- 1.1.1 Explain Cloud Computing
- 1.1.2 Compare the four main Deployment Models
- 1.1.3 Three main Service Models
- 1.2 Evolution toward Cloud Computing
- 1.2.1 Concepts from which Cloud Computing developed
- 1.2.2 Role of Virtualization in Cloud Computing
- 1.2.3 Role of managed services in Cloud Computing
- 1.3 Cloud Computing architectures
- 1.3.1 Difference between a single purpose and multipurpose architecture
- 1.3.2 Service Oriented Architecture
- 1.4 Drivers and limitations of Cloud Computing
- 1.4.1 Drivers
- 1.4.2 Limitations
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Cloud Computing
- 2.1 Building of Local Cloud environment
- 2.1.1 Main components of a local cloud environment and how they are interconnected
- 2.1.2 Use of Virtual Private Network access to a Local Area Network
- 2.1.3 Risks of connecting a local cloud network to the public internet
- 2.2 Principles of managing Cloud services
- 2.2.1 Use of IT Service Management principles in a Cloud environment
- 2.2.2 Management of service levels in a Cloud environment
Module 3: Using the Cloud
- 3.1 How users can access the Cloud
- 3.1.1 How to access Web Applications through a Web Browser
- 3.1.2 Cloud Web Access Architecture
- 3.1.3 Use of a Thin Client
- 3.1.4 Use of mobile devices in accessing the cloud
- 3.2 How Cloud Computing can be used for business processes
- 3.2.1 Impact of Cloud Computing on the primary processes of an organization
- 3.2.2 Role of standard applications in collaboration
- 3.3 How Service Providers can use the Cloud
- 3.3.1 How using Cloud Computing changes the relation between vendors and customers
- 3.3.2 Benefits and risks of providing Cloud based services
Module 4: Security and compliance
- 4.1 Security risks of Cloud Computing and knows mitigating measures (CSA top 10 threats and controls)
- 4.1.1 Security risks in the cloud
- 4.1.2 Mitigating security risks
- 4.2 Managing identity and privacy in the Cloud
- 4.2.1 Identity management
- 4.2.2 Privacy and Compliance issues and safeguards in Cloud Computing
Module 5: Evaluation of Cloud Computing
- 5.1 Business case for Cloud Computing
- 5.1.1 Costs and possible savings of Cloud Computing
- 5.1.2 Operational and staffing benefits of Cloud Computing
- 5.2 Evaluation of Cloud Computing implementations
- 5.2.1 Evaluation of performance factors, management requirements and satisfaction factors
- 5.2.2 Evaluation of service providers and their services in Cloud Computing
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||8 Hours|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's