FirePOWER with Advanced FireSIGHT Administration (FirePOWER)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
You will learn how to use and configure real next-generation Cisco and Sourcefire technology, including application control, FireSIGHT, Security Intelligence, Access Control Policies, IPS policies, URL filtering, and more! You will also learn to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence while taking full advantage of powerful tools for more efficient event analysis, including file type and network-based malware detection.You will leave this course feeling confident in your abilities to manage and tune the FirePOWER product.
- Install FirePower on a Cisco ASA
- Install and Configure the FirePOWER (SFR) Services Modules and the FireSIGHT Management Center (FMC)
- Raise your confidence managing the FireSIGHT Manager
- Describe the Cisco and Sourcefire systems infrastructure
- Navigate the user interface and administrative features of the Cisco Fire Power and Sourcefire systems, including reporting functionality to properly assess threats
- Describe how to deploy and manage Cisco ASA and Sourcefire appliances
- Describe the role FireSIGHT technology plays in the Cisco and Sourcefire systems
- Describe, create, and implement objects for use in Access Control policies
- Describe advanced policy configuration and Sourcefire system configuration options
- Understand how to fine tune IPS polices
- Analyze events
- This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco ASA with FirePOWER and/or a Sourcefire Appliance system in a network environment. The primary audience for this course includes:
- Company security administrators that have ordered FirePOWER and need to install the product
- Company security administrators that have installed FirePOWER and need to administrate the product
- Security administrators in general
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and basic networking
- Routing and Switching understanding not needed, but helpful for foundation
- Some familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Preventions Systems (IPS), but not required.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: What is SourceFire, FirePower, and FireSIGHT?
Module 2: What is ASA with FirePower?
Module 3: Installing ASA with FirePower
Module 4: Configuring and using the FireSIGHT Management Console (FMC)
Module 5: Device Management
Module 6: Object Management
Module 7: Access Control Policy
Module 8: Network-based Malware Detection
Module 9: FireSIGHT Technology
Module 10: Correlation Policies
Module 11: IPS Policy Basics
Module 12: User Account Management
Module 13: Reporting
Lab 1: Upgrading the ASA to 9.3 version
Lab 2: Downloading the FirePOWER installation file
Lab 3: Installing the FirePOWER module on the ASA
Lab 4: Verifying the ASA with FirePOWER module and installation
Lab 5: Connecting to the inside PC and configuring the FMC
Lab 6: Creating Objects
Lab 7: Creating an Access Control Policy (Port Inspection)
Lab 8: Creating an Access Control Policy (Application Awareness)
Lab 9: URL Filtering
Lab 10: Including an IPS Policy in Access Control Rules
Lab 11: Creating a File Policy
Lab 12: Tunning the Network Discovery Policy
Lab 13: Viewing FireSIGHT Data
Lab 14: User Discovery
Lab 15: Creating a Correlation Policy Based on Connection Data
Lab 16: White Lists
Lab 17: Working with Connection Data and Traffic Profiles
Lab 18: Creating an Intrusion Policy
Lab 19: Including FireSIGHT Recommendations in an Intrusion Policy
Lab 20: Tunning Your HTTP_Inspect Preprocessor
Lab 21: Applying and Testing Your Policy and Variable Set
Lab 22: Creating User Accounts and Configuring the User Interface Timeout Value
Lab 23: Testing Exempt and Non-exempt Users
Lab 24: Permission Escalation
Lab 25: Working with External Accounts
Lab 26: Analysis Lab
Lab 27: Tunning Events
Lab 28: Context Explorer
Lab 29: Comparing Trends with Reports
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco ASA with FirePOWER and/or a Sourcefire Appliance system in a network environment. The primary audience for this course includes:
Company security administrators that have ordered FirePOWER and need to install the product
Company security administrators that have installed FirePOWER and need to administrate the product
Security administrators in general
Technical support personnel
Channel partners and resellers
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's