Flume and Sqoop for Ingesting Big Data
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
2 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
|Individual Course |
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
Import data : Flume and Sqoop play a special role in the Hadoop ecosystem. They transport data from sources like local file systems, HTTP, MySQL and Twitter which hold/produce data to data stores like HDFS, HBase and Hive. Both tools come with built-in functionality and abstract away users from the complexity of transporting data between these systems.
Flume: Flume Agents can transport data produced by a streaming application to data stores like HDFS and HBase.
Sqoop: Use Sqoop to bulk import data from traditional RDBMS to Hadoop storage architectures like HDFS or Hive.
Practical implementations for a variety of sources and data stores ..
- Sources : Twitter, MySQL, Spooling Directory, HTTP
- Sinks : HDFS, HBase, Hive
Flume features :
Flume Agents, Flume Events, Event bucketing, Channel selectors, Interceptors
Sqoop features :
Sqoop import from MySQL, Incremental imports using Sqoop Jobs
- Engineers building an application with HDFS/HBase/Hive as the data store
- Engineers who want to port data from legacy data stores to HDFS
- Knowledge of HDFS is a prerequisite for the course
- HBase and Hive examples assume basic understanding of HBase and Hive shells
- HDFS is required to run most of the examples, so you'll need to have a working installation of HDFS
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- You, This Course and Us
- Why do we need Flume and Sqoop?
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Hours|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST