From 0 to 1: Spark for Data Science with Python
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
8 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
Get your data to fly using Spark for analytics, machine learning and data science
Let’s parse that.
What's Spark? If you are an analyst or a data scientist, you're used to having multiple systems for working with data. SQL, Python, R, Java, etc. With Spark, you have a single engine where you can explore and play with large amounts of data, run machine learning algorithms and then use the same system to productionize your code.
Analytics: Using Spark and Python you can analyze and explore your data in an interactive environment with fast feedback. The course will show how to leverage the power of RDDs and Dataframes to manipulate data with ease.
Machine Learning and Data Science : Spark's core functionality and built-in libraries make it easy to implement complex algorithms like Recommendations with very few lines of code. We'll cover a variety of datasets and algorithms including PageRank, MapReduce and Graph datasets.
- Music Recommendations using Alternating Least Squares and the Audioscrobbler dataset
- Dataframes and Spark SQL to work with Twitter data
- Using the PageRank algorithm with Google web graph dataset
- Using Spark Streaming for stream processing
- Working with graph data using the Marvel Social network dataset
- Analysts who want to leverage Spark for analyzing interesting datasets
- Data Scientists who want a single engine for analyzing and modelling data as well as productionizing it.
- Engineers who want to use a distributed computing engine for batch or stream processing or both
- The course assumes knowledge of Python. You can write Python code directly in the PySpark shell. If you already have IPython Notebook installed, we'll show you how to configure it for Spark
- For the Java section, we assume basic knowledge of Java. An IDE which supports Maven, like IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse would be helpful
- All examples work with or without Hadoop. If you would like to use Spark with Hadoop, you'll need to have Hadoop installed (either in pseudo-distributed or cluster mode).
Self-Paced Learning Outline
You, This Course and Us
Introduction to Spark
- What does Donald Rumsfeld have to do with data analysis?
- Why is Spark so cool?
- An introduction to RDDs - Resilient Distributed Datasets
- Built-in libraries for Spark
- Installing Spark
- The PySpark Shell
- Transformations and Actions
- See it in Action : Munging Airlines Data with PySpark - I
- [For Linux/Mac OS Shell Newbies] Path and other Environment Variables
Resilient Distributed Datasets
- RDD Characteristics: Partitions and Immutability
- RDD Characteristics: Lineage, RDDs know where they came from
- What can you do with RDDs?
- Create your first RDD from a file
- Average distance travelled by a flight using map() and reduce() operations
- Get delayed flights using filter(), cache data using persist()
- Average flight delay in one-step using aggregate()
- Frequency histogram of delays using countByValue()
- See it in Action : Analyzing Airlines Data with PySpark - II
Advanced RDDs: Pair Resilient Distributed Datasets
- Special Transformations and Actions
- Average delay per airport, use reduceByKey(), mapValues() and join()
- Average delay per airport in one step using combineByKey()
- Get the top airports by delay using sortBy()
- Lookup airport descriptions using lookup(), collectAsMap(), broadcast()
- See it in Action : Analyzing Airlines Data with PySpark - III
Advanced Spark: Accumulators, Spark Submit, MapReduce , Behind The Scenes
- Get information from individual processing nodes using accumulators
- See it in Action : Using an Accumulator variable
- Long running programs using spark-submit
- See it in Action : Running a Python script with Spark-Submit
- Behind the scenes: What happens when a Spark script runs?
- Running MapReduce operations
- See it in Action : MapReduce with Spark
Java and Spark
- The Java API and Function objects
- Pair RDDs in Java
- Running Java code
- Installing Maven
- See it in Action : Running a Spark Job with Java
PageRank: Ranking Search Results
- What is PageRank?
- The PageRank algorithm
- Implement PageRank in Spark
- Join optimization in PageRank using Custom Partitioning
- See it Action : The PageRank algorithm using Spark
- Dataframes: RDDs + Tables
- See it in Action : Dataframes and Spark SQL
MLlib in Spark: Build a recommendations engine
- Collaborative filtering algorithms
- Latent Factor Analysis with the Alternating Least Squares method
- Music recommendations using the Audioscrobbler dataset
- Implement code in Spark using MLlib
- Introduction to streaming
- Implement stream processing in Spark using Dstreams
- Stateful transformations using sliding windows
- See it in Action : Spark Streaming
- The Marvel social network using Graphs
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||8 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's