Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This course Provides instruction on the processes and practice of data science, including machine learning and natural language processing. Included are: tools and programming languages (Python, IPython, Mahout, Pig, NumPy, pandas, SciPy, Scikitlearn), the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), and Spark MLlib.
Recognize use cases for data science on Hadoop
- Describe the Hadoop and YARN architecture
- Describe supervised and unsupervised learning differences
- Use Mahout to run a machine learning algorithm on Hadoop
- Describe the data science life cycle
- Use Pig to transform and prepare data on Hadoop
- Write a Python script
- Describe options for running Python code on a Hadoop cluster
- Write a Pig User-Defined Function in Python
- Use Pig streaming on Hadoop with a Python script
- Use machine learning algorithms
- Describe use cases for Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Use the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
- Describe the components of a Spark application
- Write a Spark application in Python
- Run machine learning algorithms using Spark MLlib
- Take data science into production
- Architects, software developers, analysts and data scientists who need to apply data science and machine learning on Hadoop.
- Students must have experience with at least one programming or scripting language, knowledge in statistics and/or mathematics,
- and a basic understanding of big data and Hadoop principles. Students new to Hadoop are encouraged to attend the HDP Overview: Apache Hadoop Essentials course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 50% Lecture/Discussion
- 50% Hands-on Labs
- Lab: Setting Up a Development Environment
- Demo: Block Storage
- Lab: Using HDFS Commands
- Demo: MapReduce
- Lab: Using Apache Mahout for Machine Learning
- Demo: Apache Pig
- Lab: Getting Started with Apache Pig
- Lab: Exploring Data with Pig
- Lab: Using the IPython Notebook
- Demo: The NumPy Package
- Demo: The pandas Library
- Lab: Data Analysis with Python
- Lab: Interpolating Data Points
- Lab: Defining a Pig UDF in Python
- Lab: Streaming Python with Pig
- Demo: Classification with Scikit-Learn
- Lab: Computing K-Nearest Neighbor
- Lab: Generating a K-Means Clustering
- Lab: POS Tagging Using a Decision Tree
- Lab: Using NLTK for Natural Language Processing
- Lab: Classifying Text using Naive Bayes
- Lab: Using Spark Transformations and Actions
- Lab Using Spark MLlib
- Lab: Creating a Spam Classifier with MLlib
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's