Horizon (with View): Install, Configure, Manage V6.0 (VICM6)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
VMware Horizon 6 (with View) delivers virtualized and remote desktops and applications through a single platform and supports end users with access to all of their Windows and online resources through one unified workspace
This hands-on training course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing the Horizon View component of VMware Horizon. Students gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs. View includes: VMware View® Manager, VMware View® Composer, and View security server. This course is based on the Horizon 6 release.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Identify View components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual machines that become desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon™ Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of existing physical machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone machines
- Configure and manage RDS pools of desktops and applications
- Use View Administrator to configure the View environment
- Configure secure access to View desktops
- Describe steps to deploy View Persona Management for user profile management
- Manage performance and scalability of a View deployment
- System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware virtual desktop infrastructure
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
- Experience with VMware vSphere®
- Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Create a template in the VMware vCenter Server system and deploy a virtual machine from a template.
- Modify a vCenter Server customization specification.
- Open a virtual machine console in the vCenter Server system and access the guest operating system.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 1 Course Introduction
- 2 Introduction to Horizon and View
- 3 View Connection Server
- 4 View Desktops
- 5 Horizon Client Options
- 6 Creating and Managing Automated Pools
- 7 Creating and Managing Linked-Clone Desktop Pools
- 8 Creating and Managing RDS Desktop and Application Pools
- 9 Using View Administrator
- 10 Managing View Security
- 11 View Persona Management
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days