Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course teaches the HPE OneView infrastructure management solution.
Topics include: HPE OneView architectural model Product features and functions How to configure How to recommend and demonstrate.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Why HPE OneView?
- Identify how data centers can be successful in the idea economy
- Explain how the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Transformation Areas can address IT problems
- Explain the role of the HPE software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Describe the HPE SDDC architecture
HPE OneView Value Proposition and Key Features
- Describe how Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView offers a new approach to infrastructure lifecycle management
- Outline the key capabilities of HPE OneView, including:
- Server provisioning
- Storage management
- HPE Virtual Connect networking
- Automated change management with driver and firmware updates
- Summarize details about the HPE OneView integrations that provide additional support for partner management platforms
- Explain how the HPE Synergy framework leverages HPE OneView
Product and Architecture Overview
- Describe the architecture of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView
- Explain how HPE OneView operates in environments with legacy applications, including:
- HPE Virtual Connect Manager (VCM)
- HPE Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM)
- HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM)
- Summarize HPE OneView licensing considerations
- Specify which devices and interconnect modules are supported by HPE OneView
- List the hardware requirements for rack servers and server blades that HPE OneView can manage, along with the system requirements of the HPE OneView virtual appliance
- Provide an overview of the HPE OneView installation process
- Customize the HPE OneView Dashboard
Adding and Managing Enclosures and Servers
- Summarize how to perform Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView configuration tasks and define key configuration elements including:
- Enclosure groups
- Logical interconnect groups
- Logical interconnects
- < >Uplink sets
- < >Server hardware types
- Server hardware
- Storage systems
- SAN managers
- < >Outline the key features of the HPE OneView Connectivity Resource Manager
- Explain how to add enclosures to HPE OneView
- Describe the primary functions of the HPE OneView Physical Server Resource Manager
- List the steps involved in processing and handling hardware components
- Explain how HPE OneView performs firmware management
- Describe the purpose of the HPE OneView Storage Resource Manager
Creating and Managing Server Profiles
- Outline the basic features and functions of server profiles
- Describe how to manage server profile addresses and identifiers
- Summarize the process of creating server profile connections, including advanced attributes
- Explain how to manage:
- Server profile SAN storage
- Server profile boot order and BIOS settings
- Describe Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView integration for virtualization management, including VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center
Resource Health Monitoring
Describe the key resource health monitoring operations of HPE OneView, including:
- Alert-based operations
- Status polling and collection operations
- Alert email notifications and predefined reports
Environmental Resource Manager
- Explain how Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) solutions address data center problems
- Describe the architecture of the HPE OneView Environmental Resource Manager
- Explain how HPE OneView collects and displays utilization data
- Outline the process of HPE Intelligent Power Distribution Unit (iPDU) discovery
- Use HPE OneView to configure 3D data center topology information
HPE OneView Appliance Security
- Describe Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView security features and operations
- Explain design features that provide security
- Implement external authentication of HPE OneView management users
- Manage the HPE OneView web server certificate
- Explain the origins and use benefits of the Representational State Transfer (REST) application programming interface (API)
- Describe the resource-oriented architecture of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OneView
- Perform the basic operations of the four REST API calls
- Explain how to use the HPE OneView PowerShell Library
What's new in OneView 3.1
- Explain the features added with OneView 3.1 and their benefits, including
- Platform Support
- SIMPLIFY Lifecycle Operations
- Virtual Connect
- Global Dashboard v1.2
- OneView Remote Support
- Describe the features and benefits of the Image Streamer 3.1
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's