IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Advanced (V10.2) (B5259)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Building on topics learned in the Fundamentals course, the Advanced course is designed for professional report authors to learn advanced report building techniques using mostly relational data models, and ways of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports. Attendees will participate in interactive demos and workshops that illustrate key concepts while learning how to use the product.
This advanced course is intended for Professional Report Authors.
This offering is intended for professional report authors who have a knowledge of their business requirements, basic knowledge of SQL, XML and have taken the IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (V10.2) course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Create Query Models
- Build query models and then connect them to the report layout
- Edit an SQL statement to author custom queries
- Add filters and prompts to a report using the query model
- Create Query Reports Based on Relationships
- Create reports by merging query results
- Create reports by joining queries
- Combine data containers based on relationships from different queries
- Create Advanced Dynamic Reports
- Filter reports on session parameter values
- Navigate a briefing book using a table of contents
- Create dynamic headers and title that reflect report data
- Let users navigate to specific locations in reports
- Create a customer invoice report
- Design Effective Prompts
- Control report displays using prompts
- Specify conditional formatting values using prompts
- Specify conditional rendering of objects based on prompt selection
- Create sorted and filtered reports based on prompt selection
- Create Additional Advanced Reports
- Create a report that displays summarized data before detailed data
- Highlight alternate rows in a list report
- Create a report using an external data file
- Use single data items to summarize report information
- Examine the Report Specification
- Examine the report specification structure
- Modify a report specification
- Add custom toolbox objects and custom template options
- Distribute Reports Through Bursting
- Distribute reports using bursting
- Create burst keys
- Identify report recipients and data items using burst tables
- Distribute reports using email and IBM Cognos Connection
- Enhance User Interaction with HTML
- Create tooltips that clarify report data
- Send emails using links in a report
- Analyze Data Using Statistical Reports
- Discuss statistical report types
- Examine descriptive statistics
- Explore statistical charts
- End-to-End Workshop (Optional)
- Various managers have requested that you create reports to answer business questions pertaining to their areas of interest
- Explore the Prompt API (Optional)
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's