IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Fundamentals (V10.2) And IBM Cognos Report Studio
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Attendees of this course will participate in hands-on demos and workshops that illustrate key concepts while learning how to use the product. The course is available in English only. For the fully translated French course (materials and image), see IBM Cognos Report Studio: Création de rapports-Essentielles V10.2 (Web) Francais (J22F8). For the fully translated German course (materials and image), see IBM Cognos Report Studio: Berichtserstellung, Grundlagen V10.2 SPVC (J22G8).
This intermediate course is intended for Professional Report Authors.
This offering is intended for professional report authors who have a knowledge of their business requirements, experience using the Windows OS and a web browser, and have also taken the IBM Cognos BI for Consumers (10.2) WBT.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Describe IBM Cognos BI and Financial Performance Management
- Describe IBM Cognos BI components
- Describe IBM Cognos BI architecture at a high level
- Define IBM Cognos groups and roles
- Explain how to extend IBM Cognos
- Introduction to the Reporting Application
- Examine Report Studio and its interface
- Explore different report types
- Create a simple, sorted, and formatted report
- Explore how data items are added to queries
- Create List Reports
- Format, group, and sort list reports
- Describe options for aggregating data
- Create a multi-fact query
- Create a report with repeated data
- Focus Reports Using Filters
- Create filters to narrow the focus of reports
- Examine detail and summary filters
- Determine when to apply filters on aggregate data
- Create Crosstab Reports
- Format and sort crosstab reports
- Convert a list to a crosstab
- Create crosstabs using unrelated data items
- Create complex crosstabs using drag and drop functionality
- Present Data Graphically
- Create charts containing peer and nested items
- Add context to charts
- Create and reuse custom chart palettes
- Present key data in a single dashboard report
- Focus Reports Using Prompts
- Identify various prompt types
- Use parameters and prompts to focus data
- Search for prompt items
- Customize prompts to facilitate users' choices
- Navigate between pages
- Display users' prompt selections in the report
- Extend Reports Using Calculations
- Create calculations based on data in the data source
- Add run-time information to the reports
- Create expressions using functions
- Present Data Using Maps
- Present data using map reports
- Navigate to another level within a map
- Use Additional Report Building Techniques
- Reuse objects within the same report
- Share layout components among separate reports
- Discuss report templates
- Add pages to a report
- Choose options to handle reports with no available data
- Customize Reports with Conditional Formatting
- Create multi-lingual reports
- Highlight exceptional data
- Show and hide data
- Conditionally render objects in reports
- Drill-Through From One Report to Another
- Let users navigate from a specific report to a target report
- Pass parameter values to filter the data in drill-through targets
- Drill-through Definitions
- Enable users to navigate to related data in IBM Cognos BI
- Parameter-driven drill through vs. dynamic drill through
- Steps to enable drill-through access for a package
- Limit the items that users ca drill through from (set scope)
- Set a measure as the scope
- Drill Through Assistant
- Enhance Report Layout
- Force page breaks in reports
- Modify existing report structures
- Apply horizontal formatting
- Specify print options for PDF reports
- Combine data containers displaying data from different queries
- Format data and report objects
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's