IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced: Author Self-Service Reports (V10.2) (B5281)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced: Author Self-Service Reports (V10.2) is a two-day course. Through interactive demos and workshops, this course will present topics related to creating reports with IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced for the business author.
This intermediate course is intended for Business Authors.
This offering is intended for Business Authors who have a knowledge of basic Windows and Web functionality, as well as their business requirements. Also, students should have taken the IBM Cognos BI for Consumers (V10.1) WBT or have knowledge of IBM Cognos Connection, and have experience with Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- describe IBM Cognos BI and FPM
- describe IBM Cognos BI components
- describe IBM Cognos architecture at a high level
- define IBM Cognos groups and roles
- explain how to extend IBM Cognos BI
- Examine IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- identify the user interface components of IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- launch IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced through different methods
- determine browser options
- Create a Report using Relational Data
- explain Relational Data
- explain object types
- define report layouts
- add data query items
- Use calculations
- Create a Report using Dimensional Data
- explain Dimensional Data
- explore drill down and drill up with hierarchies
- identify sets
- define Financial reports
- Group and Sort Your Data
- define sorting (relational and dimensional)
- explain aggregated data
- explore grouping data
- explore dividing data into sections
- Filter Your Data
- understand suppression options
- explore filtering data (relational and dimensional)
- explore filtering aggregated data
- Highlight Report Data
- explain query item properties
- use formatting to improve the visual effectiveness of reports
- use conditional styles to highlight query items on a report
- Integrate External Data
- examine the use of external data in reports
- map query subject from an enterprise report to external data
- Analyze Data Using Charts and Graphs
- review multiple data analysis processes
- implement a report for each process
- Extend IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced Reports with Report Studio
- identify IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced reports that can benefit from Report Studio capabilities
- create a report in Report Studio and open it in IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- create a report in IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced and extend it in Report Studio
- Report Development Processes to Design Effective Reports
- discuss phases of report development for business authors
- discuss elements of effective reports
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's