IBM WebSphere MQ V7.5 System Administration (using Windows for labs) (WM204)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
In this course, students learn how to install, customize, operate, and administer WebSphere MQ on distributed platforms. The course covers topics such as configuration, day-to-day administration, problem recovery, and managing security and performance. In addition to the instructor-led lectures, students also participate in hands-on lab exercises that are designed to reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises give students practical experience with tasks such as handling queue recovery, implementing security, and problem determination. Completing this course can also help students prepare for the appropriate WebSphere MQ Administrator certifications.An updated version of this course is available.
- Plan the implementation of WebSphere MQ
- Install WebSphere MQ
- Perform simple customization and administration tasks
- Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Implement basic clustering configuration
- Enable a queue manager to support a WebSphere MQ client
- Implement basic restart and recovery procedures
- Perform basic problem determination
- Plan for and implement basic WebSphere MQ security features
This intermediate-level course is for technical professionals who need the skills to be an administrator for any of the WebSphere MQ queue managers except WebSphere MQ for z/OS and WebSphere MQ for iSeries.
- Have a basic knowledge of WebSphere MQ concepts and facilities, which can be achieved through practical experience or by successfully completing course A Technical Introduction to WebSphere MQ (WM101), (VM101), or (ZM101)
- Be familiar with and able to start standard functions within the operating system environment that is used in the lab exercises.
- Have some knowledge of TCP/IP configuration
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Course introduction
- A review of WebSphere MQ
- Installation and configuration of WebSphere MQ
- Exercise: Working with queues
- Using the WebSphere MQ Explorer
- Introduction to the Message Queue Interface (MQI)
- Triggering concepts
- Exercise: Implementing triggering
- WebSphere MQ internals
- Message integrity
- Exercise: Queue recovery
- Distributed queuing
- Exercise: Queue manager interconnection
- Queue manager clustering
- Exercise: Setting up WebSphere MQ clustering
- WebSphere MQ security
- Exercise: Object security administration with the OAM
- WebSphere MQ clients
- Exercise: Client attachment
- Backup and restore of WebSphere MQ object definitions
- Exercise: Backup and restore of WebSphere MQ object definitions
- Problem determination
- Exercise: Using the trace route utility
- Exercise: Performing a WebSphere MQ trace
- JMS administration overview
- Course summary
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's