About this course:
The Microsoft Server 2016, previously known as Windows Server vNext, is a server OS developed specially so that it can perform its role as running network applications’ platform. This is an intermediate difficulty level course. It has been designed to give training in Microsoft Server 2016 to the IT professionals. This course will enable them to configure and deploy AD DS without any difficulty in a distributed environment. Not only this, the course will also teach the professionals techniques like backing up and restoring, incorporating the Group Policy, and mend any issues that might occur in Active Directory with Windows Server 2016. Furthermore, they will be taught the deploying method for Active Directory server roles AD FS and AD CS. Regardless, however, the primary purpose of this course is to prepare the IT professionals for the Microsoft 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016 certification.
On average, the earning of a Windows Server Administrator amounts to be $55,929 per annum.
The course has the following learning objectives:
- Executing the Active Directory DS sites, and subsequently regulating and configuring the replication process
- Executing and regulating AD RMS (Active Directory Rights Management Services)
- Executing and regulating GPOs (Group Policy Projects)
- Executing AD DS in complicated atmospheres
- Configuring and installing domain controllers
- Regulating and deploying certificates
- Securing the user accounts and AD DS
- Troubleshooting, regulating, and designing business continuity for services pertaining to AD DS
- Making use of GPOs to regulate user settings
- Executing and regulating AD DS with CA (certificate authority) hierarchy
- Executing and administering AD FS
- Executing the synchronization between the Azure AD and AD DS
- Making use of Windows PowerShell and various other graphical tools in order to regulate AD DS objects
This course has been designed for and is suitable for those who are expert IT professionals and do have some fundamental knowledge of AD DS. These people, then, want to gain more insight and expertise in access technologies and identities in Windows Server 2016. This involves:
- The AD DS Administrators: professionals who want to gain access to Windows Server 2012/Windows Server 2016 comprising technologies and attain training in advanced identity
- Infrastructure or system administrators, having some general knowledge on the concepts of AD DS. For professionals who are eager to cross-train in advanced and also core identity. This will also include those people who want to attain access to Windows Server 2016 or 2012 based technologies
The course has some important requirements that should be fulfilled prior to starting it. These include:
- Having an experience in configuring Windows Server 2016 or 2012
- Having practical experience with operating in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and other Windows client OS.
- Having experience in foundational virtualization concepts and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Having experience in networking technologies such as name resolution, IP addressing, DHCP etc.
- Having foundational knowledge on best security practices
- Must be having foundational experience of working with the command-line interface of Windows PowerShell
- Must be having foundational experience of AD DS based technologies as well as the concepts in Windows Server 2016 or 2012
Suggested pre-taken courses:
- Administering Windows Server 2012 (MS-20411)
- Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell (MS-10961)