Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
As we know that ASA in Cisco ASA stands for Adaptive Security Appliance. In brief, Cisco ASA is a security device that combines firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention, and virtual private network (VPN) capabilities. It provides proactive threat defense that stops attacks before they spread through the network.
This intermediate level training course will provide you with knowledge of advanced features of Cisco ASA security products and enables you to implement the key features of ASA including FirePOWER services, ASA Identity Firewall, ASA Cloud Web security, ASA Clustering and virtual ASA (ASAv). This is an ideal Cisco security certification course to take if you want to further your knowledge on Cisco security matters or develop new skills for career advancement. This Cisco ASA training includes learning about the Cisco ASA product family, Identity Firewall, FirePOWER services, and more. This course also helps the students in the preparation for the 300-206 SENSS: Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions exam.
The average salary for Cisco Security Specialist is $85,582 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls and the Cisco ASA Services Module (ASA SM)
- Implement ASA Security Zones and Equal Cost Mulitpathing
- Configure ASA 9.3/9.4 new features including: REST API for configuration, Policy Based Routing, ACL Manual Commit and ACL Forward Refernece
- Implement the Cisco ASA Identity Firewall Feature, including the use of the Cisco CDA
- Implement the Cisco ASA SFR (FirePOWER Services) module
- Configure Cisco ASA to integrate with Cisco Cloud Web Security to provide web security and filtering services through an SaaS model
- Security Group Access Control (SGACL) feature in Cisco ASA Software 9.0 and later.
- Implement a Cisco ASA Cluster feature which allows as many as eight Cisco ASA appliances to be joined in a single cluster
This course is intended for
- Network engineers supporting Cisco ASA 9.x implementations.
Before attending this course students must have knowledge and skills before attending this course are as follows:
- knowledge of the Cisco ASA
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco ASA Product Family
- Lesson 1: Introducing the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next Generation Firewalls
- Lesson 2: Introducing the Cisco ASAv
- Lesson 3: Implementing ASA 9.3 and 9.4.1 New Features
- Lesson 4: Introducing the Cisco ASASM
Module 2: Cisco ASA Identity Firewall
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco ASA Identity Firewall Solution
- Lesson 2: Setting Up Cisco CDA
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco CDA
- Lesson 4: Configuring Cisco ASA Identity Firewall
- Lesson 5: Verifying and Troubeshooting Cisco ASA Identity Firewall
Module 3: Cisco ASA FirePOWER Services
- Lesson 1: Installing the Cisco ASA FirePOWER Services Module
- Lesson 2: Managing the Cisco ASA FirePOWER Services Module Using the FireSIGHT Management Center
- Lesson 3: Describing the Cisco ASA 5506-X, 5508-X, and 5516-X FirePOWER Services
Module 4: Cisco ASA Cloud Web Security
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco ASA Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA with Cisco Cloub Web Security
- Lesson 3: Verifying Cisco ASA Cloud Web Security Operations
- Lesson 4: Describing the Web Filtering Policy in Cisco ScanCenter
- Lesson 5: Describing Cisco ASA Cloud Web Security AMP and CTA
Module 5: Cisco ASA Clustering
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco ASA Cluster Features
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco ASA Cluster Terminology and Data Flows
- Lesson 3: Using the CLI to Configure a Cisco ASA Cluster
- Lesson 4: Using the ASDM to Configure a Cisco ASA Cluster
- Lesson 5: Verifying Cisco ASA Cluster Operations
- Lesson 6: Troubleshooting a Cisco ASA Cluster Operation
- Lesson 7: Describing Cisco ASA v9.1.4 and Later Clustering Features
Module 6: Cisco ASA Security Group Firewall and CoA
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Security Group Tagging
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Security Group Firewall
- Lesson 3: Describing the Cisco ASA 9.2.1 and later releases SGT Features
- Lab 1: Cisco Learning Lab Remote Access
- Lab 2: Cisco ASAv Basic Setup
- Lab 3: Cisco ASA 9.3 and 9.4.1 New Features
- Lab 4: Cisco CDA Configuration
- Lab 5: Cisco ASA Identity-Based Firewall Configuration
- Lab 6: Cisco ASA FirePOWER Services Module Installation
- Lab 7: Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center Configuration
- Lab 8: Cisco ASA Cloud Web Security Configuration
- Lab 9: Cisco ASA Cluster Configuration
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's