Implementing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCII) v6.0
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
Implementing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCII) v6.0 is a five-day instructor-led course that is designed to help you prepare for the Cisco CCNP® Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is implementation of LAN, SAN, and Data Center Unified Fabric using Cisco MDS switches, Cisco Nexus switches, and Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders (FEXs). The course provides rich, hands-on experience of implementing Cisco data center infrastructure.
The average salary for Cisco Systems Data Center Technician is $77,670 per year.
- Configure RSTP, MST, and port channels and implement Cisco FabricPath, OTV, VXLAN, and LISP
- Configure first-hop redundancy, routing, and multicast in the data center
- Configure user management and implement system security features on Nexus switches
- Perform basic Fibre Channel configuration, manage Fibre Channel domains, and implement Fibre Channel port security and binding
- Configure FCoE
- Configure distributed device aliases, zoning, NPV, and FCIP
- Configure system management and infrastructure monitoring
- Systems and field engineers, consulting systems engineers, technical solutions architects, and Cisco integrators and partners who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 Series switches and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series fabric extenders
- Data center engineers and managers, program managers, and project managers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course include:
- Describe data center networking concepts
- Describe data center storage concepts
- Describe data center virtualization
- Describe Cisco Unified Computing System
- Describe data center automation and orchestration with the focus on Cisco ACI and UCS Director
- Identify products in the Cisco Data Center Nexus and MDS families
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs, including switching and routing
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Data Center Protocols
- Configuring Spanning Tree Protocol
- Configuring Port Channels
- Configuring Fabric Extenders
- Implementing Cisco FabricPath
- Understanding Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization
- Implementing VXLAN
- Implementing LISP
Module 2: Layer 3 Switching Features in the Data Center
- Configuring First-Hop Redundancy
- Configuring Routing
- Configuring IP Multicast
Module 3: Data Center Infrastructure Security
- Configuring User Management
- Configuring System Security Features
Module 4: Data Center Infrastructure Storage Fabric
- Basic Fibre Channel Configuration
- Managing Domains
- Implementing Port Security and Fabric Binding
Module 5: FCoE Unified Fabric
- Describing FCoE
- Implementing FCoE
Module 6: Data Center Infrastructure Storage Services
- Configuring Distributed Device Aliases
- Implementing Zoning
- Configuring NPIV and NPV
- Configuring Fibre Channel Over IP
Module 7: Data Center Infrastructure Maintenance, Management, and Operations
- Configuring System Management
- Configuring Infrastructure Monitoring
- Lab 1: Configure Layer 2 Switching
- Lab 2: Configure Port Channels
- Lab 3: Configure FEX
- Lab 4: Configure Cisco FabricPath
- Lab 5: Configure OTV
- Lab 6: Configure VXLAN
- Lab 7: Configure VRRP
- Lab 8: Configure OSPF
- Lab 9: Configure User Management Security Features
- Lab 10: Configure System Security Features
- Lab 11: Configure Fibre Channel
- Lab 12: Manage Domains and Configure Persistent FCIDs
- Lab 13: Configure Fabric Binding and Port Security
- Lab 14: Configure FCoE
- Lab 15: Configure Device Aliases
- Lab 16: Configure Zoning
- Lab 17: Configure NPV
- Lab 18: Configure System Management
- Lab 19: Implement Infrastructure Monitoring
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's