Implementing Cisco MPLS (CS-MPLS)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) v3.0 is recommended (although not required) training for individuals seeking CCNP Service Provider certification. The focus of this course is on MPLS technology issues as those issues apply to service providers and on how to configure new features and functions in an existing routed environment.
Service providers (and enterprises acting as service providers) are faced with many challenges in terms of customer demand, including an ongoing need for value-added services. Conventional IP packet forwarding has several limitations, and more and more service providers realize that something else is needed. Not only must service providers be concerned with protecting their existing infrastructure, but they must also find ways to generate new services that are not currently supportable using existing technologies.
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a high-performance method for forwarding packets through a network. MPLS enables routers at the edge of a network to apply simple labels to packets. This practice allows the edge devices - ATM switches or existing routers in the center of the service provider core to switch packets according to labels, with minimal lookup overhead. MPLS integrates the performance and traffic-management capabilities of data link Layer 2 with the scalability and flexibility of network Layer 3 routing. When used in conjunction with other standard technologies, MPLS allows service providers the ability to support value-added features that are critical for their networks.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe MPLS features and how MPLS labels are assigned and distributed
- Configure and troubleshoot frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS platforms
- Describe the MPLS peer-to-peer architecture and explain the routing and packet-forwarding model in this architecture
- Configure, monitor and troubleshoot VPN operations
- Describe how the MPLS VPN can be used to implement managed services and internet access
- Describe the various internet access implementations that are available and the benefits and drawbacks of each model
- Describe the tasks and commands that are necessary to implement MPLS TE.
This course is intended for:
- Network administrators
- Network and/or System engineers
- Network managers
- Systems engineers involved in implementation of MPLS and MPLS traffic engineering
- Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers Version 3.2 (BGP)
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: MPLS Concepts
- Introducing basic MPLS concepts
- MPLS labels and label stack
- Identifying MPLS applications
Module 2: Label Assignment and Distribution
- Discovering LDP neighbors
- Introducing typical label distribution in Frame-Mode MPLS
- Convergence in Frame-Mode MPLS
Module 3: Frame-Mode MPLS Implementation on Cisco IOS Platforms
- CEF switching
- Configuring frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS Platforms
- Monitoring frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS Platforms
- Troubleshooting frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS Platforms
Module 4: MPLS Virtual Private Network Technology
- Virtual Private Networks
- MPLS VPN Architecture
- MPLS Virtual routing model
- Forwarding MPLS VPN packets
Module 5: MPLS VPN Implementation
- Using MPLS VPN Mechanisms of Cisco IOS Platforms
- Configuring an MP-BGP session between PE routers
- Configuring VRF tables
- Configuring small-scale routing protocols between PE and CE routers
- Monitoring MPLS VPN operations
- Configuring OSPF as the routing protocol between PE and CE routers
- Configuring BGP as the routing protocol between PE and CE routers
- Troubleshooting MPLS VPNs
Module 6: Complex MPLS VPNs
- Overlapping VPNs
- Central Services VPNs
- Introducing Managed CE routers service
Module 7: Internet Access and MPLS VPNs
- Combining internet access with MPLS VPNs
- Implementing internet access in the MPLS VPN environment
Module 8: MPLS Traffic Engineering Overview
- MPLS traffic engineering components
- MPLS traffic engineering operations
- Configuring MPLS traffic engineering on Cisco IOS platforms
- Monitoring basic MPLS TE on Cisco IOS Platforms
- Implement the service provider’s and customer’s IP addressing and IGP routing
- Implement the core MPLS environment in the service provider network
- Implement EIGRP based VPNs
- Implement OSPF Based MPLS VPNs
- Implement BGP based MPLS VPNs
- Implement MPLS traffic engineering
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's