Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QOS) v2.x (QOS)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This five-day course covers the theory of QoS, design issues, and configuration of various QoS mechanisms to facilitate the creation of effective administrative policies providing QoS.
Case studies and lab exercises included in the course help learners to apply the concepts mastered in individual modules to real-life scenarios. The course also gives learners design and usage rules for various advanced QoS features and the integration of QoS with underlying Layer 2 QoS mechanisms. This gives learners the opportunity to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free multiservice networks.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to identify, describe, and correctly implement the appropriate QoS mechanisms that are required to create an effective administrative policy providing QoS.
This course helps students prepare for QoS Exam #642-642.
The average salary for Network Architect is $116,005 per year
- Explain the need to implement QoS and explain methods for implementing and managing QoS.
- Identify and describe different models used for ensuring QoS in a network and explain key QoS mechanisms used to implement the models.
- Explain the use of MQC and AutoQoS to implement QoS on the network.
- Classify and mark network traffic to implement a policy defining QoS requirements.
- Use Cisco QoS queuing mechanisms to manage network congestion.
- Use Cisco QoS congestion avoidance mechanisms to reduce the effects of congestion on the network.
- Use Cisco QoS traffic policing and traffic shaping mechanisms to effectively limit the rate of network traffic.
- Use Cisco link efficiency mechanisms to improve the bandwidth efficiency of a low-speed WAN links.
- Select the most appropriate QoS mechanisms for providing QoS using Cisco best practices in service provider and enterprise networks.
Pre- and post-sales technical engineers responsible for designing, implementing, or troubleshooting networks, network architects responsible for designing multiservice networks to carry voice, video, and data traffic in an enterprise or service provider environment, and CCIP & CCVP candidates will benefit from this course.
- Completion of ICND1 and ICND2 or Cisco CCNA certification
- BGP or equivalent is recommended because some BGP background is assumed
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Introduction to QoS 2.3
Module 2: The Building Blocks of QoS
Module 3: Introduction to Modular QoS CLI and AutoQoS
Module 4: Classification and Marking
Module 5: Congestion Management
Module 6: Congestion Avoidance
Module 7: Traffic Policing and Shaping
Module 8: Link Efficiency Mechanisms
Module 9: QoS Best Practices
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's