Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QOS) v2.x (QOS)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
This five-day course covers the theory of QoS, design issues, and configuration of various QoS mechanisms to facilitate the creation of effective administrative policies providing QoS.
Case studies and lab exercises included in the course help learners to apply the concepts mastered in individual modules to real-life scenarios. The course also gives learners design and usage rules for various advanced QoS features and the integration of QoS with underlying Layer 2 QoS mechanisms. This gives learners the opportunity to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free multiservice networks.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to identify, describe, and correctly implement the appropriate QoS mechanisms that are required to create an effective administrative policy providing QoS.
This course helps students prepare for QoS Exam #642-642.
The average salary for Cisco Network Architect is $137,000 per year
- Explain the need to implement QoS and explain methods for implementing and managing QoS.
- Identify and describe different models used for ensuring QoS in a network and explain key QoS mechanisms used to implement the models.
- Explain the use of MQC and AutoQoS to implement QoS on the network.
- Classify and mark network traffic to implement a policy defining QoS requirements.
- Use Cisco QoS queuing mechanisms to manage network congestion.
- Use Cisco QoS congestion avoidance mechanisms to reduce the effects of congestion on the network.
- Use Cisco QoS traffic policing and traffic shaping mechanisms to effectively limit the rate of network traffic.
- Use Cisco link efficiency mechanisms to improve the bandwidth efficiency of a low-speed WAN links.
- Select the most appropriate QoS mechanisms for providing QoS using Cisco best practices in service provider and enterprise networks.
Pre- and post-sales technical engineers responsible for designing, implementing, or troubleshooting networks, network architects responsible for designing multiservice networks to carry voice, video, and data traffic in an enterprise or service provider environment, and CCIP & CCVP candidates will benefit from this course.
- Completion of ICND1 and ICND2 or Cisco CCNA certification
- BGP or equivalent is recommended because some BGP background is assumed
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Introduction to QoS 2.3
Module 2: The Building Blocks of QoS
Module 3: Introduction to Modular QoS CLI and AutoQoS
Module 4: Classification and Marking
Module 5: Congestion Management
Module 6: Congestion Avoidance
Module 7: Traffic Policing and Shaping
Module 8: Link Efficiency Mechanisms
Module 9: QoS Best Practices
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's