Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (CS-SITCS) 1.0
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training course, which is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience so that they can deploy Cisco's Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) as well as Web Security, Email Security and Cloud Web Security. The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls utilizing Cisco Next Generation product solution which integrates Cisco Prime Security Manager for managing identity policies. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various advance Cisco security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing traffic traversing the firewall. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco's Next Generation Firewall security appliance feature and provide operational support for Intrusion Prevention Systems, Email Security, and Web based security appliances. This course also prepares the students for Cisco: 300-210 SITCS exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
The average salary for Cisco Systems Network Security Engineer is $91,175 per year.
- Cisco ASA NGFW
- Deploy and configure Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Configure Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- Cisco Email Security solution
- Configure Cisco Email Appliance incoming and outgoing policies
- Cisco IPS Threat Control
- Configure and Implement Cisco IPS Sensor into a network
- Network security engineers
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco Web Security Appliance Solutions
- Lesson 2: Integrating the Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Identities and User Authentication Controls
- Lesson 4: Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Acceptable Use Controls
- Lesson 5: Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Anti-Malware Controls
- Lesson 6: Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Decryption
- Lesson 7: Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Data Security Controls
Module 2: Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco Cloud Web Security Solutions
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- Lesson 3: Describing the Web Filtering Policy in Cisco ScanCenter
Module 3: Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco Email Security Solutions
- Lesson 2: Describing the Cisco Email Security Appliance Basic Setup Components
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco Email Security Appliance Basic Incoming and Outgoing Mail Policies
Module 4: Advanced Malware Protection for Endpoints
- Lesson 1: AMP for Endpoints Overview and Architecture
- Lesson 2: Customizing Detection and AMP Policy
- Lesson 3: IOCs and IOC Scanning
- Lesson 4: Deploying AMP Connectors
- Lesson 5: AMP Analysis Tools
Module 5: Cisco FirePOWER Next-Generation IPS
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco FireSIGHT System
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Managing Cisco FirePOWER Devices
- Lesson 3: Implementing an Access Control Policy
- Lesson 4: Understanding Discovery Technology
- Lesson 5: Configuring File-Type and Network Malware Detection
- Lesson 6: Managing SSL Traffic with Cisco FireSIGHT
- Lesson 7: Describing IPS Policy and Configuration Concepts
- Lesson 8: Describing the Network Analysis Policy
- Lesson 9: Creating Reports
- Lesson 10: Describing Correlation Rules and Policies
- Lesson 11: Understanding Basic Rule Syntax and Usage
Module 6: Cisco ASA FirePOWER Services Module
- Lesson 1: Installing Cisco ASA 5500-X Series FirePOWER Services (SFR) Module
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's