Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Security v1.x (UCSEC)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Cisco Unified Communications support several features and mechanisms to secure voice signaling and communications and to mitigate attacks against Cisco Unified Communications networks. The Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Security (UCSEC) v1.0 course introduces security mechanisms and describes different implementation scenarios that increase the security level of Cisco Unified Communications networks. The course is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement security features in a Cisco Unified Communications environment.
The Cisco Unified Communications tend to assist various attributes and procedures to: shield communications and voice signaling, and lighten the attacks made against the Cisco Unified Communications networks. The Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Security UCSEC v1.0 will introduce different security mechanisms to the students and also describe to them the different scenarios that will require implementation that in turn will increase the level of security of Cisco Unified Communications networks. The course will provide the students with the skills and knowledge necessity to apply the security features within the Cisco Unified Communications environment.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year
On average a Cisco Certified Network Engineer will take home $77,484 each year.
Identify vulnerabilities in Cisco Unified Communications networks, describe security implementation strategies, cryptographic services, PKI, and VPN technologies
Pinpoint the weaknesses in Cisco Unified Communications networks, details the VPN technologies security application plans, PKI, and cryptographic services,
Implement network infrastructure security features such as network separation and firewalling, 802.1X in phone VLANs, and the IP Phone VPN Client
Enforce the network infrastructure security attributes like firewalling and network separation, IP Phone VPN Client, and 802.1X in phone VLANS
Harden Cisco Unified Communications endpoints and implement toll-fraud prevention features and Cisco Unified Communications Manager cryptographic security features
Solidify the Cisco Unified Communications endpoints and also execute the toll-fraud characteristics and also the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cryptographic security attributes
Implement secure Cisco Unified Communications Manager integration with external devices, such as gateways, firewalls, and application proxies
Network security specialists
VoIP and network engineers, administrators, and technicians
Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks
Working knowledge of Cisco IOS gateways, Cisco Unified SRST gateways, and Cisco Unified Border Element
Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
CCNP® Voice certification recommended
Knowledge of network security fundamentals
Knowledge of Cisco IOS Firewall and Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance firewalls
Knowledge of IPsec or SSL VPNs or both
CCNA® Security certification is recommended
Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1) v8.0
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) v1.0
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection v8.x (ACUCM-AUC)
Administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection v10 (ACUCM-AUCv10)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Vulnerabilities of Cisco Unified Communications Networks and Security Fundamentals
- Topic 1A: Assessing Vulnerabilities of Cisco Unified Communications Networks
- Topic 1B: Describing Security Implementation Strategies
- Topic 1C: Describing Cryptographic Services and Functions
- Topic 1D: Describing Key Management and PKI
- Topic 1E: Describing IPsec and Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN
Lesson 2: Network Infrastructure Security
- Topic 2A: Implementing Network Separation and Packet Filtering
- Topic 2B: Implementing Switch Security Features
- Topic 2C: Implementing Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPNs in Cisco Unified Communications Networks
Lesson 3: Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Endpoint Security Features
- Topic 3A: Hardening Cisco Unified Communications Endpoints
- Topic 3B: Implementing Toll-Fraud Prevention
- Topic 3C: Implementing Native Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Features
- Topic 3D: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Features Based on Security Tokens
Lesson 4: Secure Cisco Unified Communications Integration and Features
- Topic 4A: Implementing SRTP to Gateways and Signaling Protection by IPsec
- Topic 4B: Implementing Secure Signaling and SRTP in SRST and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Topic 4C: Implementing Trusted Relay Points
- Topic 4D: Implementing Proxies for Secure Signaling and SRTP
Hands On Labs
- Lab 1-1: Identifying Security Weaknesses in a Cisco Unified Communications Network
- Lab 2-1: Implementing Firewalls
- Lab 2-2: Implementing 802.1X
- Lab 2-3: Implementing Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPNs
- Lab 3-1: Implementing Cisco UC Manager Security Features Based on Security Tokens
- Lab 4-1: Implementing SRTP to Gateways and Signaling Protection by IPsec
- Lab 4-2: Implementing Secure SRST and Secure Cisco UC Manager Express
- Lab 4-3: Implementing Trusted Relay Points
- Lab 4-4: Implementing Proxies for Signaling and RTP
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt