Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 1 (CIVND1) (CS-CIVND1)
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
The CIVND1 course teaches students the characteristics of video solutions and how to assess requirements for successful implementation of a video solution. The course describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables students to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as codec options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components, interactions, and environmental considerations.
Completion of this course is highly recommended before taking the five-day instructor-led training Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 2 (CIVND2). This course also helps the students in the preparation for Cisco: 210-065 CIVND exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
- CS-CCNA-Collaboration - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Collaboration Boot Camp (CS-CCNA-Collaboration)
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the evolution of video technologies
- Identify the main applications for video
- Differentiate between analog and digital video, explain how video is processed and coded, and describe the available formats
- Describe the differences between various video signaling protocols, such as H.320, H.323, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Explain the functional components of video infrastructure and their network requirements
- Understand the Cisco Video Solution Architecture and associated environmental requirements
- Install Cisco TelePresence® endpoints and Profile systems
- This course is designed for entry-level to experienced administrators, channel partners, customers, end users
It is recommended for the learner to have foundational IP networking knowledge such as that which is included as part of Cisco CCENT® or CCNA® certification. This e-learning assumes familiarity with the concepts included in the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) and with the basics from the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) training.
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Video Conferencing and Streaming Fundamentals
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Video and Video Applications
- Lesson 2: Video Technology Basics
- Lesson 3: Video Protocols and Media
- Lesson 4: Functional Components of Video Infrastructures
- Lesson 5: Network Requirements of Video Solutions
- Lesson 6: Cisco Video Solution Architecture Overview
Module 2: Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Environmental Requirements and Installation
- Lesson 1: Environmental Requirements for Video Installations
- Lesson 2: Installing Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Profile Systems
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt