Implementing Core Cisco ASA Security v1.0 (CS-SASAC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Cisco ASA Core v1.0 is a new 5-day ILT class that: -Covers the Cisco ASA 9.0 / 9.1 core firewall and VPN features -Offers hands-on labs Cisco ASA Core v1.0 is designed to teach network security engineers working on the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance to implement core Cisco ASA features, including the new ASA 9.0 and 9.1 features.
The average salary for Cisco Certfied Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
- Essentials of Cisco ASA
- Basic connectivity and device management
- Network integration
- Configure common features of the Cisco ASA OS
- Cisco ASA policy control
- Core Cisco ASA VPN common components
- Main VPN components
- Cisco clientless VPN solutions
- Cisco AnyConnect full tunnel VPN solution
- Cisco ASA high availability and virtualization options
- Features of Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls
- Network engineers supporting Cisco ASA 9.x implementations
- Knowledge of the Cisco ASA
- IINS 2.0 - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Essentials
- Lesson 1: Evaluating Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Technologies
- Lesson 2: Identifying Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Models
- Lesson 3: Identifying Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Licesning Options
Module 2: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Lesson 1: Preparing the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance for Network Integration
- Lesson 2: Managing Basic Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Network Settings
Module 3: Network Integration
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance NAT Features
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Basic Access Control Features
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Routing Features
Module 4: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Policy Controls
- Lesson 1: Defining the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance MPF
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Advanced Applications Inspections
Module 5: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance VPN Common Components
- Lesson 1: VPN Overview
- Lesson 2: Implementing Policies, Group Policies, and User Policies
- Lesson 3: Implementing PKI Services
Module 6: Cisco Clientless VPN Solution
- Lesson 1: Introducing Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance
- Lesson 3: Deploying Application Access in Cisco Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 4: Deploying Client-Side Authentication and Authorization in Clientless SSL VPN
Module 7: Cisco AnyConnect Full Tunnel VPN Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 2: Deploying Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 3: Deploying Advanced Authentication and Authorization in Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
Module 8: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance High Availability and Virtualization
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Interface Redundancy Features
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Active/Standby High Availability
- Lesson 3: Configuring Security Contexts on the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance
- Lesson 4: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Active/Active High Availablity (Optional)
- Lab 1: Accessing the Remote Lab Environment
- Lab 2: Configuring the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance
- Lab 3: Configuring NAT
- Lab 4: Configuring Basic Cisco Access Control Features
- Lab 5: Configuring MPF, Basic Stateful Inspections, and QoS
- Lab 6: Configuring MPF Advanced Application Inspections
- Lab 7: Implementing Basic Clientless SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 8: Configuring Application Access for Clientless SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 9: Implementing Exterrnal Authentication and Authorization for Clientless SSL VPNs
- Lab 10: Implementing Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 11: Configuring Advanced Authentication for Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPNs
- Lab 12: Implementing Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
- Lab 13: Configuring Active/Standby High Availability
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's