Implementing SP Next-Generation Edge Network Services v1.x (SPEDGE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Through hands-on labs, you will gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
- VPN technologies used in the service provider environment
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN peer-to-peer architecture
- Steps to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in service provider networks
- Use the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model to implement managed services and Internet access
- Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet services
- Traffic policing and shaping, including token bucket, dual token bucket, and dual-rate policing
- Network administrators, engineers, and managers who would like to implement MPLS VPN service in their networks
- Systems engineers
- Individuals preparing for CCNP Service Provider certification
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and Cisco IOS XR software configuration
- SPNGN1 - Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1
- SPNGN2 - Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2
- SPROUTE - Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing
- SPADVROUTE - Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing v1.0
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
1. VPN Technologies
- VPN Implementation Models
- Benefits and Drawbacks
- MPLS VPNs
- MPLS VPN Architecture, Route Distinguishers (RDs), Route Targets (RTs), and Virtual Routing Tables
- End-to-End Routing Update Flow
- VPN Label Propagation between PE Routers and the MPLS VPN End-to-End Forwarding Mechanism
- Implementing MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Enable VRF
- Enable MP-BGP
- Connecting Customers Using Simple Routing Protocols
- Per VRF Static Routes
- RIP PE-CE Routing Sessions
- EIGRP PE-CE Routing Sessions
- Connecting Customers Using BGP or OSPF
- Configuring an OSPF PE-CE Routing Session
- Configuring a BGP PE-CE Routing Session
- Troubleshooting MPLS VPNs
- Deploying IPv6 and MPLS
- Methods Used to Deploy IPv6 over MPLS
- Implementing Complex MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Central Service VPNs and Advanced VRF Features
- Managed CE Router Service
- Implementing Internet Access and MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Common Customer Internet Connectivity Scenarios
- Design Models for Combining Internet Access with MPLS Layer 3 VPN Services
- Implementing Internet Access Service Separate from MPLS Layer 3 VPN Services
- Implementing Internet Access Solutions in which the Internet Access is Provided as a Separate VPN
- Introducing MPLS Inter-Domain Solutions
- MPLS Inter-Domain Solutions
- CSC Feature
- Inter-AS MPLS Models
- Layer 2 VPNs
- Any Transport over MPLS (AToM)
- Characteristics, Implementation, and Verification
- Implementing VPLS
- Implementing Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS) on Cisco IOS XR Routers
- Implementing VPLS and H-VPLS
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1: Implement MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Lab 2: Connect Customers to MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 3: Connect Advanced Customers to MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 4: Establish Overlapping and Common Services Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 5: Establish Internet Connectivity with an MPLS Layer 3 VPN
- Lab 6: Implement CSC
- Lab 7: Implement Layer 2 VPN (VPWS and VPLS)
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's