Implementing VMware vSphere on ONTAP (STRSW-ILT-IMPVMWAR)
About this course:
In this course, you learn how to implement NetApp’s Virtual Storage Console by deploying, managing, and protecting a VMware virtual infrastructure in both SAN and NAS environments using ONTAP. It also covers the implementation details for both traditional datastores and Virtual Volumes using Storage Policy Based Management. Monitoring of both traditional and VVOL performance characteristics are covered in lecture and hands on labs.
The average NetApp salary ranges from approximately $41,212 per year for Senior Technical Support to $170,852 per year for Software Engineering Manager.
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Describe the components of NetApp storage and how they integrate into a vSphere environment
- Identify the types of datastores created by the Virtual Storage Console (VSC)
- Explain how VSC provides an automated datastore provisioning capability
- Describe the VVol datastore management process
- Create VVol datastores and VVols
- Identify performance characteristics of VVols using VSC
- Monitor virtual machines with VSC performance dashboard
- List the customer implementations for backup, restore and cloning capability when integrating vSphere with NetApp
- NetApp employees, channel partners and customers
- Knowledge of Cluster Administration and Data Protection.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Overview of ONTAP for vSphere
- NetApp storage in a virtualized environment
- NetApp Unified virtual appliance
- Datastore types that VSC creates
Module 2: Introduction to Virtual Storage Console (VSC)
- Unified virtual appliance (UVA) installation
- UVA key features
- NetApp VSC integration with vCenter
- ONTAP configuration for VSC operation
Module 3: Provisioning Traditional Datastores by Using VSC
- Basic IP networking and datastore considerations
- Creating NFS datastores by using VSC and System Manager
- Using the NFS datastore wizard
- VMFS datastores
- iSCSI VMFS datastores
- FC VMFS datastores
Module 4: Provisioning VVols Datastores by Using VSC
- VVols concepts
- NetApp VASA provider
- Storage policies and profiles
- Managing VVols
- On-Demand moving, copying and restoring of virtual disks
Module 5: Monitoring Performance and Quality of Service (QoS)
- VSC performance dashboards
- NetApp QoS features
- NetApp and VMware QoS use cases
Module 6: Data Protection
- SnapCenter plug-in for VMware vSphere
- Veeam and Commvault backup solutions
- Configuring clusters, vCenter and the VSC management interface
- Configuring virtual storage console
- Using VSC to Provision traditional SAN and NAS datastores
- Creating and managing VVols
- Monitoring the performance of datastores and VMs
- Implementing configuration scenarios
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt