Infrastructure as Code
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
In this course, you will gain the knowledge and skills to be able to deliver stable environments rapidly, reliably and at scale, avoiding manual configuration of environments and enforcing consistency, by representing your environments as code. This course provides an overview of DevOps practices. It doesn't go into heavy depth or theory, but provides examples for you to follow along with and expand upon as part of your further development in the DevOps world.
The average salary for a Devops Engineer is $138,378 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure and implement Azure Automation accounts and security
- Create and run an Automation Windows PowerShell workflow-based textual Runbooks to provision and de-provision an environment
- Understand Desired State Configuration (DSC) and how to create a DSC configuration file, import it into the automation account and compile it
- Onboard Azure VMs for Automation DSC
- Generate an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template based on an existing resource group and apply an ARM template that removes all resources in a resource group
- Create an ARM template by using Visual Studio.
- Implement Chef and Puppet deployments in Azure
- Use Chef to configure Azure DevTest Lab VMs
- Configure Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of Azure SQL Database using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Visual Studio
This course is intended for
- People who work in IT either as a linux admin or developer.
- Experience working in an organization delivering software,either in development or in operations.
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based solutions, experience using Microsoft Azure.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's