Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This two-day workshop is designed to enhance your basic report writing skills and move you into creating more complex reports. Time will be spent walking you through the tips and tricks of advanced report writing along with a good amount of hands-on practice.
In addition, you will be introduced to professional design techniques, subreporting and creating advanced formulas.
- Design highly formatted, interactive, and professional looking reports
- Group and sort data for summary purposes
- Combine multiple tables
- Build formulas to add non-database data to a report and display data differently
- Format reports and enhance them by adding and modifying graphic elements
- Create single data series charts
- Set the layout for design and previews
This course is designed for users with little or no experience with Crystal Reports but who have
the need to generate reports based on information from a database.
- To ensure your success, we recommend that you first take Windows 2000 or XP Introduction and have a
- Basic understanding of database concepts.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Before You Begin
- Defining the Purpose of the Report
- Determining the Layout of the Report
- Finding the Data
- Organizing the Data for the Report
- The Workbench
Creating a Simple Report
- Starting the Crystal Reports Program
- Starting a New Report
- The Design Window
- Exploring the Toolbars
- Managing Resources with Explorers
- Placing Fields on the Report
- Selecting and Sizing Objects
- Browsing Field Data
- Moving and Aligning Objects
- Move/Align Objects with Guidelines
- Creating Text Objects
- Saving the Report
- Previewing the Report
- Refreshing the Data
- Getting Help
- Formatting with the Template Expert
- Formatting Objects
- Using the Format Painter
- Inserting Lines and Boxes
- Inserting Graphics
- Working with the Page Commands
- Working with Text Objects
- Formatting Part or All of an Object
- Inserting Special Fields
Selecting Specific Records
- Filtering Data with the Select Expert
- Selecting Records with Multiple Criteria
- Viewing/Editing the Select Formula
- Case Sensitive vs. Case Insensitive
- Record Selection Formula Templates
Grouping and Sorting Data
- When and Why to Group Records
- Creating a Group
- Modifying Groups
- Creating Multiple Groups in a Report
- Using the Group Tree to Navigate the Report
- Reordering Groups
- Sorting Records within a Group
- Summarizing Groups
- Grouping Data in Date/Time Intervals
- Calculating Percentages
- Ordering Groups Using the Group Sort Expert
Combining Multiple Tables
- Understanding Tables, Records, and Fields
- Learning About Linking
- Adding Multiple Tables to a Report
Creating and Using Formulas
- Understanding Crystal Formula Syntax without Being a Programmer
- Using the Formula Workshop
- Using the Formula Editor
- Performing Simple Number calculations
- Manipulating Dates with Formulas
- Creating Boolean (True/False) Formulas
- Creating String Formulas
- Using Bookmarks to Navigate Through formulas
- The Highlighting Expert
- Setting Highlighting Priorities
- Formatting Sections
- Formatting Sections Conditionally
- Conditionally Formatting Fields
Summary Reports and Charts
- Creating a Summary Report
- Applying the Drill-Down Feature
- Applying the DrillDownGroupLevel
- Producing Charts
- Editing Charts
- Formatting Charts
Exporting Report Results Within your Organization
- Understanding Export Formats and
- Using an HTML Format for Crystal
- HTML Preview
- Exporting to Windows Applications
- Exporting to a Report Definition Format
Setting Default and Report Options
- Setting the Default Layout for Design and Preview Views
Using the Report Wizards
- What are the Report Wizards?
- Create a Report Using the Standard
- Report Creation Wizard
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's