Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course provides the fundamental concepts to prepare you for deeper dives into specific DevOps practices.
We will cover deploying and configuring standardized infrastructure, automating builds and deployments using continuous integration and continuous deployment with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and automating testing before release and whilst in production.
The course will also cover continuous learning from production, and how to improve and scale business results based on application monitoring.
After completing this course, you should be able to understand how to begin crafting a release pipeline that includes continuous integration techniques, continuous testing practices, monitoring, treating infrastructure and configuration as code, and deploying frequently and automatically.
It is intended for both Development and Operations professionals, who are interested in learning and adopting DevOps practices.
- DevOps core values, principles and practices
- How to deploy to IaaS and PaaS environments in Microsoft Azure using ARM templates, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and other deployment tools
- Build and deploy applications automatically to Dev, Test and Production environments
- Continuous learning from production to improve and scale business results
- Unit tests, Integration tests, load tests, UI tests and test driven-development
- Data retention strategies, exposure control strategies, and hypothesis-driven development
- Experience working in an organization delivering software,either in development or in operations
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based solutions,preferably experience using Microsoft Azure
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Course Overview
- Labs Overview
- Pre-course survey
- Module 1 Learning Objectives
- Why DevOps
- Sustainable DevOps
- Compliance and Security in DevOps
- Change Agents and the DevOps Journey
- Module 1 Supplemental Learning
- Module 1 Review Questions
- Module 2 Learning Objectives
- Deployment and Configuration
- IaaS, PaaS and Containers
- ARM Templates and DSC
- Module 2 Labs
- Module 2 Supplemental Learning
- Module 2 Review Questions
Building and Deploying to Production
- Module 3 Learning Objectives
- Automated Builds
- Automated Deployments
- Package Management and Containers
- Module 3 Labs
- Module 3 Supplemental Learning
- Module 3 Review Questions
- Module 4 Learning Objectives
- DevOps Testing Concepts
- Continuous Testing
- Module 4 Labs
- Module 4 Supplemental Learning
- Module 4 Review Questions
- Module 5 Learning Objectives
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Exposure Strategies
- Hypothesis-Driven Development
- Module 5 Supplemental Learning
- Module 5 Review Questions
- Final Exam
- Post-Course Survey
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's