iPad as an iReader: An Orientation for Teachers
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
1 HourCourse Duration
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $29.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $29.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
We will discuss some emerging trends in e-Reading, and iPad accessibility options which are useful when using it as an e-Reader. We will also discuss some practical lessons on self-publishing and managing content for reading on the iPad.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Installing the iBooks application
- Working with bookmarks in iBooks
- Exploring more iBooks feature: brightness, text size, and search
- Accessing the iBookstore
- Identifying potential weaknesses of the iPad as an eReader
- Using the Kindle App for the iPad
- Managing the Kindle AppÃ¢Â€Â™s library of books on the iPad
- Managing an iBooks library
- Finding udpates to iBooks
- Exploring the Barnes and Noble (BN) Reader App for iPad
- Exploring a different kind of Reader: vBookz
- Using a reader for researchers: The Papers App
- Presenting an overview of the ePub format
- Converting PDFs to ePub with ePub2go
- Creating an ePub document with Sigil
- Moving an ePub document or eBook into iTunes
- Viewing an ePub in iBooks after synching with iTunes
- Self-publishing an eBook through ePubBud.com
- Self-publishing eBooks to the iBookstore
- Using Project Gutenberg to find free ePub eBooks
- Using Stanza Desktop to view and edit ePub documents for the iPad
- Using the Stanza App on the iPad pt. 1
- Using the Stanza App on the iPad pt. 2
- Presenting an overview of Ã¢Â€ÂœBooks as AppsÃ¢Â€Â
- Exploring Books as Apps: WIRED Magainze
- Exploring Books as Apps: USA Today
- Exploring Books as Apps: The New York Times
- Exploring Books as Apps: NPR
- Exploring Books as Apps: SKyGrid
- Exploring Books as Apps: Betty Crocker
- Exploring Books as Apps: WebMD
- Reading PDFs in your email
- Opening an emailed PDF in GoodReader
- Reading Web pages offline with GoodReader
- Creating PDFs from the Pages App
- Using iTunes to manage your iBooks ePub content
- Using iTunes File Sharing to synch documents with iPad apps
- Enabling iPad Accessibility options
- Reading books with Voiceover
- Enabling white-on-black reading
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||1 Hour|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's