Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Developing mobile apps that customers enjoy to use is a continuing critical need and key enabler for companies seeking a competitive edge. In this foundational training course, you gain the knowledge and skills to create applications for Apple devices — like iPhones and iPads — using Swift or Objective-C, and the iOS Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Apply development techniques to create applications for Apple devices — like iPads, iPhones, and iPods
- Design and test User Interfaces (UIs) with the Interface Builder and Simulator
- Incorporate images, animations, and autorotation.
- Previous programming experience and knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, such as C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET, or Python
- Knowledge of Swift at the level of:
- Course 2763, Swift Programming Introduction
- This course covers iOS 8, which is the common operating system for the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod touch — the techniques taught in this course are equally applicable to all three devices
- This course uses Apple computers running Mac OS X
- The course and all of the exercises use Xcode 7
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to iPhone and iPad Programming
Overview of iPhone and iPad devices
- Rich, revolutionary development platform and APIs
- Programming considerations for handheld devices
Getting started with application development
- Exploring the iOS Software Development Kit (iOS SDK)
- Cocoa Touch
- Working with the Simulator
- Interface Builder
Creating the User Interface
- Linking views visually
- Presenting views modally
- Experimenting with different segues
- Embedding views in containers
Building applications with Xcode
- Enhancing productivity with templates
- Importing external resources
- Developing iPhone/iPad universal applications
Designing views with Interface Builder
- Dragging and dropping objects
- Linking objects to controllers
- Controlling size, position and alignment
- Defining scenes with the storyboard
- Adapting user interfaces with size classes
Testing with the Simulator
- Recognizing limitations in comparison to a real device
- Test?driving the application
Coding the User Interface
- Creating new applications using Swift
- Working with Swift classes as data sources for UI components
Conforming to the iOS application structure
- Applying the Model?View?Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Responding to application lifecycle events
- Working with Cocoa Touch Frameworks
Saving data to permanent storage
- Reading and writing files
- Persisting data with property lists
Presenting Data with Table Views
Selecting the style to suit your application and creating table views
- Choosing plain, grouped or indexed table views
- Populating table view data
- Customizing table views with images and formatting
Responding to user row selection
- Implementing delegate methods
- Providing visual feedback
Applying Navigation Tools and Techniques
Displaying multiple views using the tab bar
- Creating multiple tabs
- Associating tabs with views
Linking views with a navigation controller
- Building hierarchical applications
- Drilling down through different levels of detail
Interacting with Web Services
Evaluating implementation decisions
- SOAP vs. REST native support
- Parsing JSON vs. other formats
Establishing network communications
- Leveraging the iOS networking classes
- Issuing HTTP requests and reading responses
- Posting updates to a database
Enhancing the User Interface
- Responding to swipes and taps
- Adding gesture recognizers to views
- Playing videos with AV Player
Rotating views with autorotation
- Supporting different layouts
- Adapting to various device sizes
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's