ITIL® Operational Support And Analysis (ITIL®-OSA)
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About the course:
While the course along with its exam are free standing, it is also considered to be a part of the ITIL® intermediate capability stream. The course is of 4 credits and is one of the credentials that allow students to eventually opt for the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The exam comprises of eight, complex MCQs (multiple choice questions) which are based on different unique scenarios, which need to be completed within 90 minutes. Once the course is complete, then the student needs to take the exam and clear it. Those who clear the exam will be able to obtain the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate.
The course follows the accredited course syllabus as well as the certification process. It consists of practices exercises, tutorials, and exam practices, and is a trainer taught course.
This course helps the students in applying the OSA practices in resolving and supporting the service management lifecycle, especially in the following key ITIL® roles, processes, and function areas.
IT operations management
Technology and implementation considerations
The student opting for this certification must;
Have acquired the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) as it needs to be submitted in document form at the time of admission.
Attend a training course having the relevant accreditation
Be familiar with IT terminologies as well as service offerings and agreements relevant to their business. Additionally, they should have practical experience of working with a service provides in the capacity of a service manager, while being responsible for one of the aforementioned processes and functions.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
ITIL® OSA: Introduction and Overview
- Service management as a practice
- The service value proposition
- Optimizing operational service performance
- The role of OSA processes in the lifecycle
- How OSA supports the service lifecycle
Core Service Operation Processes
- The purpose, goal and objectives of event management
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and the process interfaces
- Using critical success factors to check effectiveness
- Employing active and passive monitoring tools
- Managing the incident lifecycle
- Identifying process activities, methods and techniques and how they relate to the service lifecycle
- Interaction with design services
- Incident management involvement
- Scope of the processes
- The policies, principles and the request model concept
- Dealing with service requests from users
- How KPIs can verify effectiveness and efficiency of the request fulfillment process
- The objectives of the problem management process
- Managing the lifecycle of problems
- Value to the business and the service lifecycle
- Identifying triggers, input and output to other processes
- Analyzing critical success factors to check efficiency
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Managing authorized user access
- Distinguishing access management and information management
- Executing security and availability management policies
- Challenges and critical success factors
- Verifying effectiveness and efficiency
- Establishing the service desk objectives
- Organizational structures and staffing options
- Providing a single point of contact
- Measuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Impact of service desk on customer perception
- Reasons and options for outsourcing the service desk
Service Operation Functions
- Functions of technical management, IT operations management and application management
- How the functions contribute to OSA
- Identifying the roles of each function
- Distinguishing the objectives of each function
- Analyzing the function's activities
- Generic technology requirements
- Evaluation criteria for technology and tooling for process implementation
- Planning and implementing service management technologies
- Assessing and managing the project, risk and staffing for process implementation
- Identifying the critical success factors and risks related to implementing practices and processes
- Managing change in service operation
- Examining implementation aspects of service operation and project management
- Assessing and managing risk in service operation
- Operational staff considerations in service design and transition
- How to plan and implement service management technologies
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Based on the information taught in this course, you may be interested in the following related courses: