ITIL Release, Control and Validation (RCV)
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
6 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
About This Course
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL intermediate capability stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 4 points.
The qualification is based on a 90 minute closed-book examination of 8 complex, scenario based multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful delegates will be awarded the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation Certificate.
The qualification is free standing, but also counts as 4 credits towards the ITIL Expert Certification.
The course is delivered in accordance with an accredited course syllabus and certification process. It combines tutorials, practical exercises and examination practice, reinforced through the trainers' proven implementation track record.
The average salary for a Network & Server Infrastructure specialist is $75,000 per year.
The ITIL Certificate in Release, Control and Validation (RCV) is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply RCV practices in the service management lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL process, role and function areas:
- Change management
- Service asset and configuration management
- Service validation and testing
- Release and deployment management
- Request fulfilment
- Change evaluation
- Knowledge management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL Certificate in the Release, Control and Validation processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals who are working within an organization which has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programmer
- Operational staff involved in change management, release and deployment management, service validation and testing, service asset and configuration management, request fulfillment, change evaluation and knowledge management and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course
- It is recommended that candidates can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand release, control and validation within the context of their own business environment and have experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility for at least one of the included process and functions.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Introduction to release, control and validation
- The purpose and objectives of the service transition phase and the role that RCV plays within that phase and within the service lifecycle
- Developing a transition strategy and planning and coordinating service transition activities, including associated roles and responsibilities
- Change management, service asset and configuration management, service validation and testing, release and deployment management, request fulfillment, change evaluation, knowledge management
- The purpose, objectives, scope and importance of each process to generate business value
- Process policies, principles, concepts, activities, methods and techniques in relation to RCV practices and efficient use of process metrics
- Release, control and validation roles and responsibilities
- Service transition roles and responsibilities and their relationship to RCV practices
- Specific process roles and functions that are responsible for executing each step of the process
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Technology and implementation considerations for release, control and validation and the relationship to other lifecycle stages
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||6 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Why Choose QuickStart?
- Cognitive Learning Based Platform
- Manager Mode and Full Learning Dashboard
- Peer/Team Social Networking Experience
- Bulk Pricing and Team Discouns
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST