Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
jQuery simplifies the process of creating powerful Web 2.0 applications with dynamic content and visual effects. In this training course, you gain the knowledge and skills to apply jQuery as a tool for rapidly developing feature-rich websites — including how to build standards-compliant responsive web pages with Ajax, design easy-to-use forms, extend jQuery with plugins, and improve user experience.
- Rapidly develop dynamic Web 2.0 applications with jQuery, HTML, CSS, and Ajax
- Create browser-independent, rich client interfaces
- Enhance HTML forms to use jQuery validation and call web services
- Develop and integrate plugins and incorporate UI components
- Build touch-optimized, cross-device web pages with jQuery Mobile
- Experience at the level of:
- Course 470, Developing a Website, or equivalent experience with HTML and CSS
- Basic programming concepts
- This course provides Intel Core-2 Duo PCs running Windows 7
- The latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox (with Firebug), Chrome, and Safari are loaded onto each PC
- Exercises can be completed using either Eclipse, Notepad++, or Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Traversing HTML with the jQuery() function
- Introducing the Sizzle CSS selector engine
- Matching nodes by element name, ID, class, position, content, behavior and context
- Chaining calls to the jQuery() function
Manipulating the Document Object Model (DOM) for Cross-Browser DHTML
Adding and replacing content with jQuery
- Updating, adding and deleting element content
- Inserting nodes into the DOM and manipulating parents and siblings
Dynamically assigning CSS properties
- Adding and removing CSS rules and classes
- Controlling element size and position
- Leveraging the .ready() method
- Assigning event handlers programmatically
Animating Web Pages with jQuery Effects
Enhancing pages with animations
- Controlling visibility with .hide(), .show() and .toggle()
- Combining animations and responding to callbacks
- Leveraging object literals to control animations
- Developing custom animations with .animate()
Building Responsive Pages with Ajax
Updating page components asynchronously
- Downloading HTML with the .load() method
- Calling web services with .get() and .post()
- Replacing callbacks with chained deferred objects
- Combining Ajax calls with .when() and .then()
Converting serialized server data to HTML
- Retrieving JSON with .getJSON()
- Returning and parsing XML with .ajax()
Designing User-Friendly Forms
Exploring jQuery tools for forms manipulation
- Selecting and setting focus on the first element
- Responding to focus and blur events
- Providing real-time feedback via keyboard events
- Integrating a validation plugin
Extending jQuery with Plugins
Integrating popular plugins
- Leveraging contributions from the jQuery community
- Extracting embedded data from semantic HTML
- Manipulating images with slideshows and carousels
Developing jQuery plugins
- Conforming to best practices and naming conventions
- Handling multiple elements
- Enabling method chaining
- Aliasing $ to avoid namespace conflicts
- Consuming object literals to override defaults
Creating Sophisticated User Interfaces with jQuery UI
Integrating widgets for highly interactive web applications
- Optimizing screen real estate with accordions and tabs
- Adding resizable, floating windows with dialog
- Providing input assistance with autocomplete
- Creating color animations with .animate()
- Leveraging complex animation easings and effects
Adding Web 2.0 functionality
- Resizing HTML elements
- Building drag-and-drop user interfaces
Building Cross-Platform Mobile Pages with jQuery Mobile
Working with mobile pages and controls
- Structuring pages with HTML5 data-* attributes
- Saving space with listviews and collapsible blocks
- Initializing pages and handling touch events
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's