Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Enterprise Routing and Switching Bundle, JIR and JEX (JNCIS-ENT)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
JUNOS INTERMEDIATE ROUTING (JIR) COURSE OVERVIEW:
This course provides students with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of protocol-independent routing features, load balancing and filter-based forwarding, OSPF, BGP, IP tunneling, and high availability (HA) features.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS.
JUNOS ENTERPRISE SWITCHING (JEX) COURSE OVERVIEW
This two-day course is designed to provide students with intermediate switching knowledge and configuration examples using Junos Enhanced Layer 2 Software. This course includes an overview of switching concepts and operations, virtual LANs (VLANs), the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), port and device security features, and high availability (HA) features. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and in monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks EX4300 Series Ethernet Switches for the hands-on components, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. Optional lab components are available allowing attendees to perform network management and troubleshooting tasks using Junos Space Network Director 3.0. This course is based on Junos OS Release 17.1R1.8.
This course also prepares the students for the Juniper Networks: Enterprise Routing and Switching, Specialist (JNCIS-ENT) certification exam.
The average salary for Network Engineer at Juniper Networks is $125,191 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
JUNOS INTERMEDIATE ROUTING (JIR) OBJECTIVES
- Describe typical uses of static, aggregate, and generated routes.
- Configure and monitor static, aggregate, and generated routes.
- Explain the purpose of Martian routes and add new entries to the default list.
- Describe typical uses of routing instances.
- Configure and share routes between routing instances.
- Describe load-balancing concepts and operations.
- Implement and monitor Layer 3 load balancing.
- Illustrate benefits of filter-based forwarding.
- Configure and monitor filter-based forwarding.
- Explain the operations of OSPF.
- Describe the role of the designated router.
- List and describe OSPF area types.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot OSPF.
- Describe BGP and its basic operations.
- Name and describe common BGP attributes.
- List the steps in the BGP route selection algorithm.
- Describe BGP peering options and the default route advertisement rules.
- Configure and monitor BGP.
- Describe IP tunneling concepts and applications.
- Explain the basic operations of generic routing encapsulation (GRE) and IP over IP (IP-IP) tunnels.
- Configure and monitor GRE and IP-IP tunnels.
- Describe various high availability features supported by the Junos OS.
- Configure and monitor some of the highlighted high availability features.
JUNOS ENTERPRISE SWITCHING (JEX) COURSE OBJECTIVES:
- List the benefits of implementing switched LANs.
- Describe transparent bridging concepts and operations.
- Describe terms and design considerations for switched LANs.
- List enterprise platforms that support Layer 2 switching.
- Configure interfaces for Layer 2 switching operations.
- Display and interpret the Ethernet switching table.
- Explain the concept of a VLAN.
- Describe access and trunk port modes.
- Configure and monitor VLANs.
- Describe voice VLAN and native VLAN concepts.
- Explain inter-VLAN routing operations.
- Configure and monitor inter-VLAN routing.
- Explain when a spanning tree is required.
- Describe STP and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) operations.
- List some advantages of using RSTP over STP.
- Configure and monitor RSTP.
- Describe the bridge protocol data unit (BPDU), loop, and root protection features.
- Configure and monitor the BPDU, loop, and root protection features.
- List and describe various port security features.
- Configure and monitor port security features.
- Describe the storm control feature.
- Configure and monitor storm control.
- Describe firewall filter support for EX Series Ethernet Switches.
- Implement and monitor the effects of a firewall filter.
- List and describe some features that promote high availability.
- Configure and monitor high availability features.
- Describe the basic concepts and operational details of a virtual chassis.
- Implement a virtual chassis with multiple EX4300 switches.
- Explain the concepts of Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS).
- Configure and monitor ERPS.
- Explain the concepts of Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP).
- Configure and monitor MSTP.
- Discover, configure, and troubleshoot EX Series switches using Junos Space Network Director.
JUNOS INTERMEDIATE ROUTING (JIR) TARGET AUDIENCE
JIR Intended Audience: Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Course Level: JIR is an intermediate-level courses
JUNOS ENTERPRISE SWITCHING (JEX) TARGET AUDIENCE
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches running Junos ELS.
JUNOS INTERMEDIATE ROUTING (JIR) PREREQUISITES
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class. JIR needs to be taken prior to attending JEX
JUNOS ENTERPRISE SWITCHING (JEX) PREREQUISITES:
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
JUNOS INTERMEDIATE ROUTING (JIR)
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Protocol-Independent Routing
- Module 3: Load Balancing and Filter-Based Forwarding
- Module 4: Open Shortest Path First
- Module 5: Border Gateway Protocol
- Module 6: IP Tunneling
- Module 7: High Availability
- Appendix A: IPv6
- Appendix B: IS-IS
- Appendix C: Routing Information Protocol
JUNOS ENTERPRISE SWITCHING (JEX) COURSE OUTLINE
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Layer 2 Switching
- Module 3: Virtual Networks
- Module 4: Spanning Tree
- Module 5: Port Security
- Module 6: Device Security and Firewall Filters
- Module 7: Virtual Chassis
- Module 8: High Availability Features
- Appendix A: Ethernet Ring Protection Switching
- Appendix B: Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
- Appendix C: ELS and Non-ELS Configuration Examples
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's