Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This two-day course is designed to provide students with MPLS-based Layer 2 virtual private network (VPN) knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of MPLS Layer 2 VPN concepts, such as BGP Layer 2 VPNs, LDP Layer 2 circuits, FEC 129 BGP autodiscovery, virtual private LAN service (VPLS), Ethernet VPN (EVPN), and Inter-AS Layer 2 VPNs. This course also covers Junos operating system-specific implementations of Layer 2 VPN instances, VPLS, and EVPNs. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 15.1R2.9.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and in device operations. This course also prepares the students for the Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP-SP) certification exam.
The average salary for Network Engineer at Juniper Networks is $125,191 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the history and rationale for MPLS, as well as its basic terminology.
- Explain the MPLS label operations (push, pop, swap) and the concept of label-switched path (LSP).
- Describe the configuration and verification of MPLS forwarding.
- Describe the functionalities and operation of RSVP and LDP.
- Configure and verify RSVP-signaled and LDP-signaled LSPs.
- Select and configure the appropriate label distribution protocol for a given set of requirements.
- Describe the default Junos OS MPLS traffic engineering behavior.
- Explain the Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) extensions used to build the Traffic Engineering Database (TED).
- Describe the Constrained Shortest Path First (CSPF) algorithm, its uses, and its path selection process.
- Describe administrative groups and how they can be used to influence path selection.
- Describe the default traffic protection behavior of RSVP-signaled LSPs.
- Explain the use of primary and secondary LSPs.
- Describe the operation and configuration of fast reroute.
- Describe the operation and configuration of link and node protection.
- Describe the operation and configuration of LDP loop-free alternate.
- Describe the LSP optimization options.
- Explain LSP priority and preemption.
- Describe the behavior of fate sharing.
- Describe how SRLG changes the CSPF algorithm when computing the path of a secondary LSP.
- Explain how extended admin groups can be used to influence path selection.
- Explain the purpose of several miscellaneous MPLS features.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Students should have intermediate-level networking knowledge and should be familiar with the Junos OS command-line interface (CLI). Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS).
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Course Introduction
Lesson 2: MPLS Fundamentals
- MPLS Foundation
- MPLS Configuration
- MPLS Packet Forwarding
Lab: MPLS Fundamentals
Lesson 3: Label Distribution Protocols
- Label Distribution Protocols
Lab: Label Distribution Protocols
Lesson 4: Routing Table Integration
- Mapping Next Hops to LSPs
- Route Resolution Example
- Route Resolution Summary
- IGP Passive Versus Next-Hop Self for BGP Destinations
Lab: Routing Table Integration
Lesson 5: Constrained Shortest Path First
- RSVP Behavior Without CSPF
- CSPF Algorithm
- CSPF Tie Breaking
- Administrative Groups
- Interarea Traffic Engineered LSPs
- Lab: CSPF
Lesson 6: Traffic Protection and LSP Optimization
- Default Traffic Protection Behavior
- Primary and Secondary LSPs
- Fast Reroute
- RSVP Link Protection
- LDP LFA and Link Protection
- LSP Optimization
Lab: Traffic Protection
Lesson 7: Fate Sharing
- Junos OS Fate Sharing
- Extended Admin Groups
Lab: Fate Sharing
Lesson 8: Miscellaneous MPLS Features
- Forwarding Adjacencies
- Policy Control over LSP Selection
- LSP Metrics
- Automatic Bandwidth
- Container LSPs
- TTL Handling
- Explicit Null Configuration
- MPLS Pings
Lab: Miscellaneous MPLS Features
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's