Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
4 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Seat
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
Storm is to real-time stream processing what Hadoop is to batch processing. Using Storm you can build applications which need you to be highly responsive to the latest data and react within seconds and minutes, such as finding the latest trending topics on twitter, or monitoring spikes in payment gateway failures. From simple data transformations to applying machine learning algorithms on the fly, Storm can do it all.
This course has 25 Solved Examples on building Storm Applications.
- Understanding Spouts and Bolts which are the building blocks of every Storm topology.
- Running a Storm topology in the local mode and in the remote mode
- Parallelizing data processing within a topology using different grouping strategies : Shuffle grouping, fields grouping, Direct grouping, All grouping, Custom Grouping
- Managing reliability and fault-tolerance within Spouts and Bolts
- Performing complex transformations on the fly using the Trident topology : Map, Filter, Windowing and Partitioning operations
- Applying ML algorithms on the fly using libraries like Trident-ML and Storm-R.
- Engineers looking to set up end-to-end data processing pipelines that react to changes in real time
- Folks familiar with Batch processing technologies like Hadoop who want to learn more about Stream processin
- Experience in Java programming and familiarity with using Java frameworks
- A Java IDE such as IntelliJ Idea should be installed
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Start Here
- Stream Processing with Storm
- Implementing a Hello World Topology
- Processing Data using Files
- Running a Topology in the Remote Mode
- Adding Parallelism to a Storm Topology
- Section 7: Building a Word Count Topology
- Remote Procedure Calls Using Storm
- Managing Reliability of Topologies
- Integrating Storm with Different Sources/Sinks
- Using the Storm Multilang Protocol
- Complex Transformations using Trident
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||4 Hours|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's