Learn by Example: HBase - The Hadoop Database
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
Taught by a team which includes 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with large-scale data processing jobs.
Relational Databases are so stuffy and old! Welcome to HBase - a database solution for a new age.
HBase: Do you feel like your relational database is not giving you the flexibility you need anymore? Column oriented storage, no fixed schema and low latency make HBase a great choice for the dynamically changing needs of your applications.
- 25 solved examples covering all aspects of working with data in HBase
- CRUD operations in the shell and with the Java API, Filters, Counters, MapReduce
Implement your own notification service for a social network using HBase
HBase and it’s role in the Hadoop ecosystem, HBase architecture and what makes HBase different from RDBMS and other Hadoop technologies like Hive.
- Anyone who is interested in understanding HBase, NoSQL and distributed database management
- Engineers who want to move away from RDBMS and use HBase for their database solution
- Folks who are using Hadoop ecosystem tools for analytical processing and want a single system for both OLAP and OLT
- You'll need to have an IDE where you can run Java code, Intellij IDEA and Eclipse are both good options
- You'll need to have some experience with Java programming
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- You, This Course and Us
- Introduction to HBase
- CRUD operations using the HBase Shell
- CRUD operations using the Java API
- HBase Architecture
- Advanced operations - Filters and Counters
- MapReduce with HBase
- Build a Notification Service
- Installing Hadoop in a Local Environment
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||5 Hours|