Managing Agile Projects Using TFS 2015 or VSTS (PM-TFS2015)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course focuses on Agile methodologies and includes discussions and content focused on both Scrum and Kanban practises. In this course, attendees will plan a new software development project and go through the steps to initiate the project using Visual Studio 2015. This includes recording requirements, creating a product backlog and estimating effort for backlog items. We’ll cover planning and running a sprint as well as using the taskboard and burndown chart to track progress.
The course also covers using storyboards to prototype experiences, requesting stakeholder feedback, team collaboration and reporting. The final two modules of the course provide an overview of how testers and developers can work effectively using appropriate tools in the Visual Studio family. This course includes hands-on labs to reinforce practical skills and ensure you’re ready to use the tools on your return to your workplace. All Scrum content adheres to the latest version of the official Scrum Guide and provides helpful preparation for anyone considering gaining Scrum certification.
The average salary for Project Manager is $107,472 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the full feature set of Microsoft’s Application Lifecycle Management suite
- Understand how Work Item Tracking (WIT) can be used across the entire team
- Create custom work item queries and work item charts
- Use a variety of client tools to interact with team members
- Initiate a new Team Project in either Visual Studio Online or TFS 2015
- Enter requirements into Visual Studio Online or Team Foundation Server including storyboards to illustrate requirements and experiences
- Use the Kanban board to work with the product backlog
- Record estimates in your requirement types
- Plan and run a sprint including tracking progress using task boards and burndown charts
- Understand a number of the quality indicators available
- Use dashboards to view appropriate groups of reports
- Record team capacity and monitor a team’s velocity
- Capture quality feedback from stakeholders
- Configure alerts and notifications for team members
- Understand the out-of-the-box reports and what they can tell us about our project
- Create ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers, Scrum masters, Business Analysts and team leaders looking to effectively manage their development projects using either Visual Studio Team Services or Team Foundation Server 2015.
- Attendees should have some familiarity with Visual Studio and the basic use of VSTS/TFS.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 - Introducing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 family
- Module 2 - Initiating a new project
- Module 3 - Work Item primer
- Module 4 - Creating our Product Backlog
- Module 5 - Agile Estimation
- Module 6 – Working from the Product Backlog
- Module 7 – Working in sprints
- Module 8 - Retrospectives
- Module 9 - Working with TFS Teams
- Module 10 – Enhancing requirements using Storyboards
- Module 11 - Getting stakeholder feedback
- Module 12 - Fostering team collaboration
- Module 13 - Creating and customising reports
- Module 14 – Overview of Agile Testing
- Module 15 – Overview of Agile Development
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's