Managing Cisco Wireless LANs v1.2 (WMNGI)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course, you will learn to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Wireless Network devices using Cisco Prime NCS and to configure, administer, manage, and troubleshoot guest access and mobility services. You will learn how to integrate Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) with Cisco NCS, and after a quick overview of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network management products and applications, you will learn how to install high availability and firewall support for Cisco NCS. You will discover how to give users the appropriate permissions and restrictions for using Cisco NCS, and investigate how to use Cisco NCS to configure components and services for your network.
Classroom PCs are provided to participate in the labs. If you'd rather use your own laptop, please ensure that you have administrative rights to install software used in class.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network management components to resolve today's network management challenges
- Configure the NCS
- Configure components through the Configure tab and templates
- Configure the guest access feature set
- Integrate the Cisco Prime NCS and the MSE to provide CAS and track mobile clients
- Troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate various common NCS failures
- Monitor wired devices, Cisco ISE, wireless controllers, APs, rogue APs, ad hoc events, and
- CleanAir heat maps, charts, and reports
- Cisco network planners
- Network managers
- Network administrators
- TAC personnel
- Network consulting engineers
- Field engineers
- Technical marketing engineers
- Optimization engineers
- Project managers
- Product sales specialists
- Business development managers
- Channel partners
- Channel partner account managers
- Knowledge of basic WLAN principles
- Basic knowledge about RF
- General network management experience
- Knowledge of Cisco Lifecycle Services
- Basic Microsoft Windows, Windows networking, and Internet browser navigation skills
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco Unified Wireless Network Management Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introducing Lifecycle Management
- Lesson 2: Introducing Cisco Prime Infrastructre
- Lesson 3: Introducing Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE)
- Lesson 4: Introducing Cisco Identity Services Engine
Module 2: Network Management System Configuration
- Lesson 1: Configuring High Availability and Firewall Rules for Cisco PI
- Lesson 2: Adding Users
- Lesson 3: Navigating Cisco PI
- Lesson 4: Using the Map Editor
- Lesson 5: Using the Planning Tool
- Lesson 1: Configuring Components Through Cisco PI Configure Tab
- Lesson 2: Working with Controller and Switch Location Templates
- Lesson 3: Working with AP Configuration and Migration Templates
- Lesson 4: Setting up Auto-Provisioning and Scheduling Configuration Tasks
- Lesson 1: Defining Guest Access Methods
- Lesson 2: Configuring Guest Access Features Through Cisco PI
- Lesson 1: Configuring and Integrating the MSE
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Tuning Location Services
- Lesson 3: Tracking Mobile Clients
- Lesson 4: Supporting Location Services
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting Location Services
- Lesson 6: Configuring Adaptive Wireless IPS
- Lesson 1: Overview of CMX
- Lesson 2: Implementing CMX
- Lesson 3: Configuring Mobility Services Advertisement Protocol
- Lesson 1: Overview of Bonjour Services
- Lesson 2: Overview of Application Visibility and Control
- Lesson 1: Performing Maintenance Operations
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting NCS Operational Issues
- Lesson 1: Monitoring and Troubleshooting the Network
- Lesson 2: Managing Network Performance
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's