Managing NAS and Performance on Clustered Data ONTAP (NASPAD)
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
About the Course:
QuickStart’s premier NAS and Performance Analysis training combines NFS, CIFS, and performance analysis into a single, detailed, one-week course. The course has been designed to provide all the information needed to develop the skills which will help you in administering the NFS versions 3, 4, and 4.1, and CIFS version 1.x to 3.x into a clustered Data ONTAP® operating system. Learn the skills you require for collecting as well as analyzing performance related data obtained from the NetApp® storage systems from a NetApp Authorized Learning Partner.
This course is a combination of ONTAP NFS Administration (NFSAD), SMB (CIFS), and performance analysis courses into a single, in-depth one-week course. It provides the knowledge and skills that you need to administer SMB version 1.x to 3.x and NFS versions 3, 4, and 4.1 in a clustered Data ONTAP® operating system. You also learn the knowledge and skills that you need to collect and analyze system performance data from NetApp storage systems that are running ONTAP 9.
A NetApp Storage Administrator can earn up to $128,000/- on average, per annum.
Once the course is complete, the candidates enrolled in this course will be able to;
- Define and describe NFS protocol versions
- Configure clustered ONTAP 9 for NFSv3,NFSv4,and NFSv4.1 with parallel NFS (pNFS)
- Configure Kerberos in a Linux and NetApp ONTAP 9 environment using Windows Active Directory authentication
- Discuss performance management and troubleshooting for NetApp storage systems and clients
- Explain the CIFS and SMB protocol
- Demonstrate the Windows PowerShell CLI
- Configure SMB features using ONTAP 9 software
- Create and manage SMB shares and sessions
- Secure SMB sessions
- Configure ONTAP for multiprotocol data access
- Discuss SMB advanced topics, such as opportunistic locks (oplocks), BranchCache, auditing, group policy, automatic home shares, symbolic links (symlinks), and widelinks
- Understand how a storage system running ONTAP 9 functions
- Identify the commands and tools to use to collect and monitor storage system performance
- Interpret performance data and identify hindrances to storage system performance
- Use system commands and features to enhance storage system performance and efficiency
This course is intended to be undertaken by those professionals who are responsible for managing the NetApp Storage Systems and thus, require a greater understanding of the performance and protocols in a clustered Data ONTAP environment.
Prior to opting for this course, the candidate should have;
- NETAPP - CDOTDP 9.5 ONTAP Cluster Administration 9.5 and Data Protection (STRSW-CDOTDP 9.5)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory
- Familiarity with UNIX and Linux operating systems
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|