Managing Unified Access Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 (WMUAPI) (CS-WMUAPI)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
QuickStart's Managing Unified Access Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 (WMUAPI) course establishes a strong foundation in managing the full range of Cisco wired and wireless infrastructure using Prime Infrastructure 2.0. During this course you will also explore the Application Visibility and Control capabilities of Prime Infrastructure through monitoring and troubleshooting problems on the network. The course puts the user in the context of a realistic customer scenario, and covers every aspect of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0's Lifecycle management approach. You will create Sites, Maps, Deploy configurations, perform device discovery as well as learn to set alarms and troubleshoot network and application issues.
The average salary for Cisco Systems IT Engineer is $118,045 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.
- Identify the pre-deployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase.
- Describe how to deploy device configurations with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Examine the different available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them using these templates.
- Describe roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Preform device discovery and configuration tasks.
- Explore the monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Create monitoring templates, and perform health and performance monitoring.
- Use Prime Infrastructure to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation
- create and customize a wide range of reports using Prime Infrastructure 2.0
- IT engineer
- IT administrator
- Network managers
- Attendance of the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Essentials ELT training (available for free on Cisco's web site)
- CCNA-Wireless and CCNA-Route/Switch level of knowledge would be of advantage
- Knowledge of network management and network management terminology
- Knowledge of wireless networks and wireless networking terminology
- Previous training in or experience with CiscoWorks and/or Network Control System (NCS) or Wireless Control System (WCS) would be advantageous (CUWN and WMNGI courses)
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Overview of Managing Unified Access with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Overview
- Key Features and Licensing
- Lifecycles Mapped to Organizational Roles
- Device Integration and Management
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Setup
- Technical Requirements
- Deployment Options
- VMware Deployment Steps Using OVA
- Troubleshooting Install
- Auto Deploy
Initial System Administration Tasks in Administer Lifecycle
- License Management
- User Management
- Interface Overview and Management
- System Operations
Module 2: Design Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Design Phase
- Design and Pre-deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Design Lifecycle Features
Creating Sites and Maps
- Create Sites
- Endpoint Association
- Create Maps
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Templates
- Day Zero Configuration and Guided Workflows
- Default Templates
- CLI Templates
- Wireless Templates
- Using Composite Templates
- Plug and Play device deployment
- Creating Sites
- Setup Virtual Domains
- Creating Maps
- Using the Mapping Features
Module 3: Deploy Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Deployment Phase
- Deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Deploy Lifecycle Features
Deploying Device Configurations
- Create Deployment Tasks
- Schedule a Deployment
- Using the Automated Deployment Profiles
Module 4: Operate Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Operation Phase
- Operations Workforce and Tasks
- Operate Lifecycle Features
Discovery and Management Functionalities for Network Engineers and AdministratorsDevice Work Center Network Assurance
Monitoring and Management Functionalities for Network Operations Center
- Alarms and Events
- Context Aware for location
- Clean Air
Troubleshooting and Problem Isolation Functionalities for Helpdesk and Support
- Clients and Users
- Operational Tasks
- Common Scenarios
Module 5: Report Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Reporting Phase
- Who in the IT Workforce Needs Reports?
- Which Reports They Need?
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reports
- Reports Dashboard
- Scheduling Reports
- Compliance Reports
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's