Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
Cloud computing is a reality for business big and small alike. Microsoft Azure is at the forefront of cloud computing and that is why it is pivotal for Systems Engineers and Administrators to understand how to create and manage Virtual Machines on Azure.
With the power of the cloud, comes great capabilities. That being said they are still technical in nature. That is why we put together this step-by-step course to teach you from the ground up, everything you need to know about Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines.This course focuses on using IaaS virtual machines in Azure for IaaS workloads, emphasizing basic configuration, planning, deployment and management tasks. You’ll be introduced to how to secure and make your virtual machines highly available and scalable.
The average salary for a Azure Engineer is $88,573 per year.
After completing this course, students will have a working understanding of:
- How IaaS uses virtual machines and the basic concepts of endpoints and IP addressing.
- How to determine virtual machine workloads and correctly size your virtual machines.
- How to plan, create, and deploy Azure Windows virtual machines.
- How to configure virtual machine IP addresses, availability, scalability, and security.
- How to manage, attach, import and export virtual disks.
This course is intended for
- Systems Engineers and Network Administrators who need to boost-up their skills in Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- General understanding of virtualization concepts.
- Basic proficiency in PowerShell and command line interface (CLI) scripting.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Introduction to Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machines-Overview
- IaaS and Virtual Machines
- Identifying Workloads
- Sizing Virtual Machines
- Review Questions-Introduction to Virtual Machines
Creating Virtual Machines
- Planning for Virtual Machine Deployment
- Creating Virtual Machines (Portal)
- Virtual Machines (PowerShell)
- Virtual Machines (Templates)
- Virtual Machines (Custom Images)
- Virtual Machines (Linux)
- Review Questions-Creating Virtual Machines
Configuring Virtual Machines
- Configuring Virtual Machines-Overview
- Virtual Machine IP Addressing
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Scalability
- Review Questions-Configuring Virtual Machines
Virtual Machine Disks
- Virtual Machine Storage-Overview
- Virtual Machine Disk Types
- Importing and Exporting Disks
- Review Questions-Virtual Machine Disks
Managing Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machines-Overview
- Configuration Management Tools
- Monitoring Virtual Machines
- Review Questions-Managing Virtual Machines
- Final Exam
|Subjects||Cloud Computing, DevOps|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||24 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.