Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
1 DayCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Access® 2016 has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2016 will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Access 2016.
- Design a relational database.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- Validate data entered into a database.
- Use advanced queries to manipulate your data.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases, performing database maintenance, or creating advanced queries and reports.\
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1
To ensure your success, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1 or possess equivalent knowledge. It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following courses, or any similar courses in general Microsoft Windows skills:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Designing a Relational Database
Topic A: Relational Database Design
Topic B: Create a Table
Topic C: Create Table Relationships
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
Topic A: Create Query Joins
Topic B: Relate Data Within a Table
Topic C: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 3: Using Data Validation
Topic A: Use Field Validation
Topic B: Use Form and Record Validation
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
Topic A: Create Parameter Queries
Topic B: Summarize Data
Topic C: Create Subqueries
Topic D: Create Action Queries
Topic E: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Lesson 5: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
Topic A: Data Normalization
Topic B: Create a Junction Table
Topic C: Improve Table Structure
Lesson 6: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
Topic A: Include Control Formatting in a Report
Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
Topic C: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Access 2016 Exam 77-730
Appendix B: Microsoft Access 2016 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||1 Day|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's