Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013: Site Owner (SP2013SiteOwner-LO)
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. As such, SharePoint has many distinct features that must be enabled and configured, and many content structures that can be selected, added, and configured.
SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand what features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
- Create and configure new SharePoint sites.
- Add document, asset, and wiki page libraries to sites and configure them.
- Add and configure announcement, task, calendar, contacts, and custom lists.
- Create and implement custom forms.
- Configures Site Settings, site search, and site navigation.
- Assign permissions and access rights to sites, users, and lists and documents.
- Configure content roll-up, and finalize site configuration.
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 8 or Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows® 7
- Any or all of the courses in the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 curriculum.
Upon successful completion of this course, existing SharePoint site users will be able to create a SharePoint team site and perform basic content management tasks on a single SharePoint site.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who will create and manage a SharePoint site.
To ensure your success in your course you should be have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows 8 and any or all of the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 suite components, plus basic competence with Internet browsing. You should also have basic SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to access and use lists, libraries, and documents on a typical SharePoint team site. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||1 Day|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|