|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
In this online training series, we will learn how to install, uninstall, and update Visio 2013. We will learn about the backstage view and how to create a drawing. By using features like stencils and shapes including the shapes window, we will create and change shape properties and options, and learn all there is to know about Visio 2013's features. We will also work with pages, backgrounds and layers, create an organization chart, and a flowchart.
Visio is a program that falls under the Microsoft Office Suite of products. It is used for many things that utilize layouts, diagrams, and charts. The graphics that are used in Visio are standard images utilized by flowcharts, decision diagrams, playbooks, and even network diagraming. It even has enough diagrams to make planning a room layout for a conference accurate and simple.
- This course is for beginning to intermediate students who want to make charts, document processes, or create diagrams with confidence and ease. The course is aimed at a diverse group of professionals ranging from marketing to IT and architects to industrial designers. The utilization of Visio is cross-functional and spans across multitude of organization types.
- There are no prerequisites required for this course
Self-Paced Learning Outline
What you will learn in this training
Understanding Microsoft Visio
- Introducing the Visio product family
- Installing Visio 2013
- Updating Visio 2013
- Uninstalling Visio 2013
- Accessing the help options in Visio 2013
- Using the Visio 2013 ribbon
- Creating a new diagram
- Using the shapes window / task pane
- Opening and saving Visio files
- Saving and exporting to other formats
- Navigating and arranging views and documents
- Introducing stencils
- Opening and closing stencils
- Moving stencils around
- Using the document stencil
- Creating a new stencil
Working with Shapes
- Adding and removing shapes
- Searching for shapes
- Using My Shapes
- Using control points
- Formatting shapes
- Cloning shapes
- Grouping and ungrouping shapes
- Introducing connectors
- Using glue
- Using AutoConnect
- Working with connection points
- Formatting connectors
- Controlling shape layout
- Working with advanced shape layout
Adding Text to a Drawing
- Using the Visio text tools
- Using text blocks
- Using the text tool and the format painter tool
- Formatting text
- Formatting paragraphs
- Rotating text
- Using the format painter
- Using the drawing grid
- Using the dynamic grid
- Setting the drawing scale
- Using zoom controls
- Using the drawing explorer
- Using guides
- Managing snap and glue options
- Aligning shapes
- Distributing shapes
- Working with layers
- Adding a layer to a drawing
- Assigning a shape to a layer
- Hiding a layer
- Locking a layer
- Removing a layer
Working with Pages
- Working with multiple pages
- Adding a page
- Renaming a page
- Reordering pages
- Deleting a page
- Creating a background page
- Assigning and removing backgrounds
- Using the page layout options
- Using print preview
- Discovering print options
Using Markup Tools
- Using the Visio markup tools
- Adding comments
- Using revision tracking
- Accepting and rejecting changes
Adding Custom Data to Diagrams
- Using custom properties
- Adding custom properties
- Creating Visio 2013 reports
- Creating a pivot diagram
Spicing Up a Diagram
- Adding clip art
- Adding title blocks
- Using callouts and annotations
- Using Visio viewer
- Creating an organization chart
- Creating a flowchart
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.