Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Implementing an effective mobile device security strategy is vital to fending your organization from potentials threats. In this mobile security training course, you gain the skills to identify potential flaws in proprietary and third-party iOS and Android applications, and deploy best practices for mobile app security, risk management, and development.
- Develop secure applications for Android and iOS
- Leverage OWASP best practices for secure mobile app development
- Identify and mitigate the most significant threats to mobile apps
- Protect application data at rest and in motion
- Mobile device application development and operation
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Mobile Security Management
- Identifying components of a mobile Operating System (OS)
- Recognizing application security challenges
- Exposing the threats faced by mobile devices
- Discovering mobile hacking tools
Developing a Mobile Device Security Strategy
Defining the mobile threat model
- Balancing usability with security
- Identifying attack vectors and surfaces
- Assessing risk and business benefits
Creating a practical security policy
- Establishing device enrollment procedures
- Instituting permissions on usage and control
- Enhancing connectivity control
- Specifying acceptable use
Protecting Mobile Devices
- Exploring multiple and diverse device environments
- Recognizing the risks of mobile applications
- Defining methods for determining vulnerabilities
- Uncovering common device configuration errors
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Centralizing device administration
- Confronting BYOD challenges
- Fortifying device synchronization
- Modifying policies to work with each mobile OS
- Handling lost or stolen devices
Securing the mobile endpoint
- Designing procedures to secure iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Assessing access solutions
- Safeguarding credentials
Enhancing Mobile Data Security
Maintaining data confidentiality and integrity
- Applying whole disk and file encryption
- Evaluating hardware encryption techniques
Establishing secure communication
- Employing VPN/TLS technology properly
- Assessing thin clients for mobile devices
- Allowing remote connectivity
Integrating Security throughout the Application Development Process
Applying secure development guidelines
- Leveraging Xcode and Eclipse ADT
- Implementing secure coding techniques
- Differentiating between software and programming language vulnerabilities
Employing Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) resources
- Revealing the top mobile risks
- Addressing identified exploits promptly
- Defeating client-side injection attacks
- Debugging a running app in an emulator
- Reverse-engineering apps to identify vulnerabilities
Implementing mobile application security
- Protecting user interface data
- Storing data in the Android and iOS Keychain
- Enforcing user authentication
- Handling sessions properly
- Defining trust boundaries
- Implications of Jail Breaking/Rooting
- Evaluating platform challenges
Promoting a Secure Environment
Creating the assessment plan
- Performing end-user device testing
- Manual vs. automated testing
Assessing device vulnerabilities
- Extracting sensitive data from iOS and Android file systems
- Analyzing systems for information leaks
- Determining remediation steps
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's