FastTrack to Network+ and Security+ Certification Boot Camp
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
6 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
This intensive 6 day boot camp will prepare the student to pass the CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification exams in less than a week. This boot camp combines two official CompTIA courses into one boot camp with ten hours of training each day. Get certified in less time, for less money, and gain real hands-on security and networking experience. Six days of intense training from industry experts, for an unbelievably low, all-inclusive price.
This boot camp prepares you for the following exams:
- CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-007) (ComptiaNet)
- CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) (CompTiaSec_SY0-501).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics
- Exam targeted for technicians with some experience in IT industry. Typical student would have CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, but CompTIA A+ certification is not required.
- The CompTIA Security+ Certification is aimed at an IT security professional who has: A minimum of 2 years' experience in IT administration with a focus on security day to day technical information security experience is recommended.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Network Theory
Topic 1A: Networking Terminology
Topic 1B: Network Categories
Topic 1C: Standard Network Models
Topic 1D: Physical Network Topologies
Topic 1E: Logical Network Topologies
Lesson 2: Network Communications Methods
Topic 2A: Data Transmission Methods
Topic 2B: Media Access Methods
Topic 2C: Signaling Methods
Lesson 3: Network Media and Hardware
Topic 3A: Bounded Network Media
Topic 3B: Unbounded Network Media
Topic 3C: Noise Control
Topic 3D: Network Connectivity Devices
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
Topic 4A: Ethernet Networks
Topic 4B: Wireless Networks
Lesson 5: Networking Models
Topic 5A: The OSI Model
Topic 5B: The TCP/IP Model
Lesson 6: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
Topic 6A: The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
Topic 6B: IP Addressing
Topic 6C: Default IP Addressing Schemes
Topic 6D: Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
Topic 6E: Implement IPv6 Addresses
Topic 6F: Delivery Techniques
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
Topic 7A: Assign IP Addresses
Topic 7B: Domain Naming Services
Topic 7C: TCP/IP Commands
Topic 7D: Common TCP/IP Protocols
Topic 7E: TCP/IP Interoperability Services
Lesson 8: LAN Infrastructure
Topic 8A: Switching
Topic 8B: Enable Static Routing
Topic 8C: Implement Dynamic IP Routing
Topic 8D: Virtual LANs
Topic 8E: Plan a SOHO Network
Lesson 9: WAN Infrastructure
Topic 9A: WAN Transmission Technologies
Topic 9B: WAN Connectivity Methods
Topic 9C: Voice over Data Transmission
Lesson 10: Remote Networking
Topic 10A: Remote Network Architectures
Topic 10B: Remote Access Networking Implementations
Topic 10C: Virtual Private Networking
Topic 10D: VPN Protocols
Lesson 11: System Security
Topic 11A: Computer Security Basics
Topic 11B: System Security Tools
Topic 11C: Authentication Methods
Topic 11D: Encryption Methods
Lesson 12: Network Security
Topic 12A: Network Perimeter Security
Topic 12B: Intrusion Detection and Prevention
Topic 12C: Protect Network Traffic Using IPSec
Lesson 13: Network Security Threats and Attacks
Topic 13A: Network-Based Security Threats and Attacks
Topic 13B: Apply Threat Mitigation Techniques
Topic 13C: Educate Users
Lesson 14: Network Management
Topic 14A: Network Monitoring
Topic 14B: Configuration Management Documentation
Topic 14C: Network Performance Optimization
Lesson 15: Network Troubleshooting
Topic 15A: Network Troubleshooting Models
Topic 15B: Network Troubleshooting Utilities
Topic 15C: Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
Topic 15D: Common Connectivity Issues
Appendix A: Mapping Network+ Course Content to the CompTIA Network+ Exam Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Network+ Acronyms
Appendix C: Network Fault Tolerance Methods
Appendix D: Disaster Recovery Planning
Module 1: Identifying Security Fundamentals
- Lesson A: Identify Information Security Concepts
- Lesson B: Identify Basic Security Controls
- Lesson C: Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Lesson D: Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Analyzing Risk
- Lesson A: Analyze Organizational Risk
- Lesson B: Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
Module 3: Identifying Security Threats
- Lesson A: Identify Types of Attackers
- Lesson B: Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Lesson C: Identify Malware
- Lesson D: Identify Software-Based Threats
- Lesson E: Identify Network-Based Threats
- Lesson F: Identify Wireless Threats
- Lesson G: Identify Physical Threats
Module 4: Conducting Security Assessments
- Lesson A: Identify Vulnerabilities
- Lesson B: Assess Vulnerabilities
- Lesson C: Implement Penetration Testing
Module 5: Implementing Host and Software Security
- Lesson A: Implement Host Security
- Lesson B: Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Lesson C: Implement Mobile Device Security
- Lesson D: Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Module 6: Implementing Network Security
- Lesson A: Configure Network Security Technologies
- Lesson B: Secure Network Design Elements
- Lesson C: Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Lesson D: Secure Wireless Traffic
Module 7: Managing Identity and Access
- Lesson A: Implement Identity and Access Management
- Lesson B: Configure Directory Services
- Lesson C: Configure Access Services
- Lesson D: Manage Accounts
Module 8: Implementing Cryptography
- Lesson A: Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson B: Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Lesson C: Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Lesson D: Enroll Certificates
- Lesson E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Lesson F: Revoke Certificates
Module 9: Implementing Operational Security
- Lesson A: Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Lesson B: Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Lesson C: Implement Security Strategies
- Lesson D: Manage Data Security Processes
- Lesson E: Implement Physical Controls
Module 10: Addressing Security Incidents
- Lesson A: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Lesson B: Respond to Security Incidents
- Lesson C: Investigate Security Incidents
Module 11: Ensuring Business Continuity
- Lesson A: Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Lesson B: Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501)
Appendix B: Linux Essentials
Appendix C: Log File Essentials
Appendix D: Programming Essentials
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||6 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days